What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50% of my Sarracenia died and I'd like to replace some. 'Red Dragon' for trade.

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Don't know why... I did the usual. Spray some fungicide and forget about them for the winter. I even lost my adult 'Leah Wilkerson' and 'Hurricane Creek White'. Naturally, all most all of the baby unknown hybrids made it. I guess I can trade those if you want quantity over quality.) Half of the survivors I had to salvage what I could and cut away rotting tissue and growth points. Sad day.

I've got a medium-sized 'Red Dragon' for trade for any Sarracenia. Not much but it's all the extra I have.

wow...im so sorry for your loss. those were some beautiful plants. i do hope you get your collection up and running again.

you are in Atlanta? I am confused what would have happened as well. Why even bother spraying with fungicide in the winter? I thought people did that if they were using the refrigerator method. But leaving them outside, why bother?

Sorry to hear about your loss - that's pretty harsh. I'll try to remember to drop you a line once I've done my divisions this year. I should have some extras lying around once I get done with the round of trades I'm working on.
To which "Red Dragon" are you referring? Nepenthes or Dionaea?
~Joe

i was going to ask the same thing Joe.
Clint, im sorry to hear that....if i would have known i would have saved a couple of growth points off of my last leah wilkerson that i sold off, only one i have left is huge but is only 2 growth points and i dont feel i can seperate em without the use of something rather sharp....
its looking like i lost one of my HCW as well, if not i can possibly send one to you coming spring time up here....

Hi Cllint,

If you're looking to repopulate your sarracenia collection, I maybe able to help out by sending a few your way. No need to send anything in return.

Back