What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6" Sri Lanken Ornamental female

I've got a couple "tarantula for plant" trades under my belt now, so I thought it was time to offer some real beauty here.
I've got a 6" P.fasciata (Sri Lanken Ornamental) female up for grabs. She's extremely chill, healthy, and ready for breeding. Her retail value is $100-$150. I would keep her, but I need the tank and space for upcoming breeding projects.

She is posted on a couple tarantula forums, so if you want her better act fast.

100_2373.jpg

VERY interested.

Tell me, HOW do you ship a giant spider?

First, I line a deli cup (with ventilated lid) with moist paper towel. Gently coax her in.. put a little moist paper towel over the top of her to keep her from getting knocked about during shipping. Then I ship her in a large insulated shipping container.

100_2493.jpg

100_2494.jpg

That's gonna be one angry momma when you unbox that beast!

That's gonna be one angry momma when you unbox that beast!

quite the opposite, if you can believe that. At that size.. they only get angry if repeatedly provoked by danger. She will be more than happy to wander out of the container, stretch her legs, and set up a new home. Like I said, she is extremely chill. And she comes out of her hide almost every night.. so you can always get a good look at her after dark. If she's angry, you'll know!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/BSherrill/efcd8da4.jpg

Does she bite?

I must admit, it's been a loooong time since I've handled a tarantula.

Does she bite?

I must admit, it's been a loooong time since I've handled a tarantula.

She's NEVER given a threat display.. or shown the slightest bit of aggression. She's a big scardy cat.. If she's out and I give her tank even the slightest bump, BOOM.. she's gone into her burrow. And I always advise AGAINST handling Poecilotherias.

another month.....nights still in the teens here.....

another month.....nights still in the teens here.....

what does that mean? Did you see the above pics of my shipping containers?

yeah but im at the near end of the line for the post office.......crap happens, things get delayed, packages sit in the truck over night.....believe me, i shipped snakes for several years......

yeah but im at the near end of the line for the post office.......crap happens, things get delayed, packages sit in the truck over night.....believe me, i shipped snakes for several years......

and I've shipped tarantulas for 10.. only had 2 DOA's. And they were both on overnight packages I sent in my first year on duty. I've had packages go missing for a week and a half in January and arrive in perfect condition.

just a risk i prefer not to take, i really am out in the middle of nowhere.....its about a 12 hour drive with a lead foot to any other half way serious CP grower.......

just a risk i prefer not to take, i really am out in the middle of nowhere.....its about a 12 hour drive with a lead foot to any other half way serious CP grower.......

I know the feeling.. I'm out in the backwoods of Michigan and we only have 4 CP'ers in the state that we know about.

Back