What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for D. Burmannii seed or other small annuals

Sig

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes
Bahlargh! I feel dumb looking at this now!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don't have any annuals. Tropicals grow splendidly through the San Diegan winter...I mostly have those and temperates.

I would do it if I could.

Good luck with your search!

ur a week late. i sowed about 1000 d.burmanii seeds last week. my plant had about 15 flowers. so if u wanna wait a month or two id be willing to send you some small plants.

Last edited:
i have read stories from seeds being saved for over 5 years. not d.burmannii but still. ill send you a few when they are decent size. they do grow really quick so we will have to see.

Last edited:
Right, so instead of restoring the habitat you want to introduce non-indigenous species? WIthout the balanced environment your stripped peat bogs will rapidly become ecosystems not friendly to CPs. Just sowing billions of Drosera is not going to restore the ecosystem.

I think the Nature Conservancy needs to have a long talk with you.

Imagine what the seeds from 5, 10, or 50 plants would look like in a bowl... then spread over a ten mile wetland :)

I dunno... I'm sure the same type of thing has been done with a plant that is going extinct in the wild but is a popular houseplant.. like the vft. And around me where there are peat bogs that have already been stripped of every plant to get at the peat, it could explode with growth if you do throw a bajilllion seeds around.

:nono::nono::nono:

Last edited:
I don't have seeds right now but if you wait like for a month I might have seeds from a flowering Burmanii. It just started to flower so I guess in a month or so the flower stalk will be ready. PM me in about a month.

Back