What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon fruit seedlings for SASE

Hey guys, I'm re opening this as I've potted up five or so of each and there are still a bunch left. I think I can give to five more people with one white fleshed seedling and two red fleshed per. The SASE rules are the same, just send something to hold them in (Or not, if you have a padded envelope, I'll send them in glass vials). The left over ones I'm going to just put in a big pot and let them fend for themselves outside... See if I can get away with zero maintenance (surviving the winter would be pretty cool.)

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

So...

1: treefish
2: ieat100s
3:
4:
5:

Sent out treefish's. Just so you know, the white and red fleshed seedlings are separated by a card in the container. The side with that type of seedling is marked either "W" or "R" (also the white fleshed seedlings are noticeably smaller).

The seedlings arrived happy and in good spirits. Thanks a lot! Hopefully I can return the favor someday.

Any Dragon Fruit Seedlings for SASE left?

Hello, I'm new to this forum, I just had my first taste of dragon fruit over the weekend, visiting a local nursery that grows them. This must be the "white" fruit since that was the flesh color; I'm trying to get some seeds to germ but too soon to tell.

Anyway, was hoping you might still have a few seedlings left, I really don't have any CP's to trade but would be glad to send a SASE, let me know if I need to send any kind of special package...

Thanks!
A.Lawler
Brownsville, TX

Mine is still green and healthy. Thanks again! What species was it again? Only the small one out of the two survived a dry spell, sadly. ;(

I was over Cindi's the other night. Hers are doing good!
She was going to get rid of one, cause she doesn't have the room, but she gave it to me instead.

I have a few extra left if you want to send me a SASE, the ones that I potted in vials. But the vast majority of my extras died when putting them all in a big communal pot outside because they weren't used to the sun. Sorry about the seedling dying limeslide, that may have been it though also it's a tropical cactus, so you have to occasionally water them. The red fleshed one (larger one) was H. polyrhizus and the white fleshed one (Smaller one) is H. undatus.

I have a few extra left if you want to send me a SASE, the ones that I potted in vials. But the vast majority of my extras died when putting them all in a big communal pot outside because they weren't used to the sun. Sorry about the seedling dying limeslide, that may have been it though also it's a tropical cactus, so you have to occasionally water them. The red fleshed one (larger one) was H. polyrhizus and the white fleshed one (Smaller one) is H. undatus.

Ah, I see! I'd love to own both species but I'll let other people attempt to grow this marvelous plant. I have H. undatus

Back