What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lizasaur

Charlatan
As stated on my grow list, I'm one of those "collect the rainbow" types, over "collect every single last one of anything".

And while I have a 95% chance of getting anything on my want list any time on my own, I haven't been able to locate a few special VFTs...

"Purple Giant" or "Dark Red Purple King".
Orange Traps
Gold Strike
Long Red Fingers

If you're feeling exceptionally generous, I'll pay for postage, but for trade, I don't have any VFTs. I have a liiiitle Cupped Traps which I don't think would endure the stress of having a leaf pulled.

I have the following to offer. The Sarracenia are relatively small divisions just coming out of dormancy, but hey:
-S. Catesbaei
-S. Dana's Delight
-S. Wrigleyana
-S. Love Bug
-P. Moctezume

I also have interesting Sarracenia hybrids that are beginning to sprout from seed:
-S. Willissi Red x Red Surprise
-S. Mitchelliana x Flava Coppertop
-S. Excellens

*crosses my fingers*

It doesn't have to be right now, even. I just want to know that someone on here has any of those plants that I could have someday.

Wow. You want FORTY different vfts? if you ever get them all, you need to take a picture of all of them at once. That would look EPIC.

I never counted it! 40 specimens is alot! Whewy...hm..I really should go for that ortho degree over a dental hygienist! ;P (the implication there is orthos makes about 100k a year, and hygenists top out at around 30k)
I'm debating adding Spider to the list, actually. And I wanted a white one until I found out it was a fake.
But there was a time when I had a typical, red dragon, pink, yellow, and crested petioles all in one pot. It was gorgeous. I don't know why I never took a picture of it- I really should've since a heatwave killed them all a couple summers ago.

It doesn't have to be right now, even. I just want to know that someone on here has any of those plants that I could have someday.
"Long Red Fingers" - they're here. They were being sold by a number of nurseries a few years ago - are they not around anymore? Nice plant but 'Fused-tooth' is still my favorite.

If you're curious what others are growing, I suggest you do some searches - many of the plants on your want list are on people's grow lists....

That's not right..
I did see a picture of it on some other forum (that was Italian), so unless"Deep Red Purple King" is a synonym for it- the entire plant, traps and leaves and all, are this immense purple black color. That picture there appears to be a Big Mouth, which is called Red Purple, and since that picture is called "big" I would imagine it is infact Big Mouth.

Thank you though n.n'

That's not right..
I did see a picture of it on some other forum (that was Italian), so unless"Deep Red Purple King" is a synonym for it- the entire plant, traps and leaves and all, are this immense purple black color. That picture there appears to be a Big Mouth, which is called Red Purple, and since that picture is called "big" I would imagine it is infact Big Mouth.

Thank you though n.n'

Nah, BobZ is pretty accurate. From what I see, you just can't call out a big mouth, you have to be sure that it is one.

Back