What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giving Back: SASE N. Deroose Alata cuttings

Cutting arrived today, looks great!

Received my 5 node cutting friday! Thanks again!

Cutting arrived! Thanks for the extras, too. :)

I removed the lower 3 leaves on the cutting and potted it up 3 weeks ago, the remaining 2 leaves started to go brown which concerned me a bit, but checked on it today and it has 2 nodes swelling! I can't wait for it to start leafing out :)

i left the leaves, started browing. two nodes!!! getting pretty big now.

This must be an extremely vigorous plant. I received the plant while away on vacation, and it suffered 3-4 days of fairly hot days and cool nights in a mailbox. It didn't look very good when I finally opened it, but I potted it up, and it's starting to sprout some leaves. Thanks so much!

Thanks for the updates everyone! I hope you enjoy. It is a hardy plant and quite nice looking when it pitchers. I'm happy to see updates as your plants mature.

xantius

I think if I remember right, mine came with 4 leaves. My sphagnum got completely dry :0o: and all the leaves turned brown. :blush: The stem was starting to yellow, but still had a lot of green so I immediately watered it and have kept it damp ever since! I wasn't sure that it was going to survive, but when I looked on here and saw everyone's updates I ran downstairs to take a closer look at mine and I see a bud swelling! :banana2::boogie::hail: Can't wait for it to get bigger!

nevermind.. I read over page 2

Kinda' weird that everyone's seems to have lost ttheir leaves before budding out.

This plant is very very very vigerous. The year before last I took over 70 cuttings from mine 2 nodes each. And I have at least that many on the plant again. The plant is huge again. It has taken drying out. Looses pitchers but then keeps on ticking when watered again. Will push out if letting it grow and trimming. Very great plant to get started with.

Just got back from a 2 week vacation and the 2 nodes have each grown into a stem with 3 leaves each.

Back