What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching D.capensis "giant"

Hi... i want to get this variety of D.capensis...

somebody have this one?

Just curious: what's the characteristic of this "giant" variety?

how weird. i was just about to make a thread asking for the same thing.. perhaps if anybody has one they can help us both out? :-D

i would be weary of any "giant" capes. it looks identical to a typical.... and i dont know many people who are going to ship a 2 ft tall capensis. the typical form forms a stem over time. so does the Bains Kloof variety which i consider giant. it looks like a palm tree after a while.

Alex

The picture you found isn't the one I would have chosen.
Here are a few better ones.
fjck

dscf00234qw.jpg

I know that it looks "indentycal" to the typical form... but i heard that the Giant is about 50-60cm and that would be great to have... and i just want seeds, not the plant...

Interesting. The 50-60cm is the cross of the plant or the leaf-span? Just another question: what's the normal size of the typical one, or how large does the typical one achieve?

D. capensis Baineskloof grows tall fast, and it looks different from a typical capensis. It has much shorter tentacles and ten times as many, making the leaf look like a hair brush. In my experience, the leaves themselves are shorter than a typical. <a href="http://www.growsundews.com/sundews/capensis/Drosera_capensis_Bainskloof.JPG">PERFECT example</a>

I don't think it is the same as the giant form.

Mine is recovering from some pretty bad damage- it was killed to the roots. Once I can get it blooming, expect seeds.

yeah that picture pretty much represents EXACTLY what i want. really fat leaves and lots of dew! :)

Hi feder,
I have some here but no flower yet.
Marcos Ono

I am having issues with my plant looking normal for the past year...it keeps clustering up, and its leaves are stubby at the moment, so I haven't been able to get any good pics yet. My specimen has such weird behavior....
As for a good pic, the one below has to be the best specimen I've seen of the "Giant, 60cm tall" form.
This plant is raised by Vince81 on cpukforum:
26mars37.jpg

As of now, I only have one plantlet that I've successfully propagated so far from a leaf cutting taken just a month ago...so I plan to take a few more and see if I can get any to grow normally for once- and then I'll be able to determine whether i have the true form or not...

I will send you a MP marcos!

Back