What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted: Ventricosa "Porcelain"

I know it is a long shot but if you have one and can spare a cutting I would be most grateful.

Take a look at my growlist and let me know what I can provide for you in exchange.

You might want to look out for some similar ventricosa clones, like Alba (mainly a Euro clone), EP's clone C and D, and MT's Clone "Wide Pink Peristome", which are much like Porcelain.

Here's a good link to feast your eyes on.

Good luck! If you ever find one, don't hesitate to rub it in my face! :drool:

Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound there. LOL. Great link, I think this is the one that got me going on pale forms of ventricosa.

I thought ventricosa (d) was synonomous with the porcelain form. Is it not?

I will gladly open the plea up to form c, d, and alba. They are all very handsome.

Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound there. LOL. Great link, I think this is the one that got me going on pale forms of ventricosa.

I thought ventricosa (d) was synonomous with the porcelain form. Is it not?

I will gladly open the plea up to form c, d, and alba. They are all very handsome.

There's some speculation that they may be the same, but no proof. :p

I have seen clone C sparing available in the US... but it can cost quite a bit ($70). I'm trying not to get you depressed, but it's hard considering how rare these clones are. :-))

Tell me about it. I see clone c is coming in on a shipment soon and may be available in small quantities, but I would really rather have clone d or porcelain.

Edit: Thanks for the info Clue!

Last edited:
Clue,

According to Geoff at EP. Ventricosa (c) is the "porcelain" form.

Clue,

According to Geoff at EP. Ventricosa (c) is the "porcelain" form.

I did not know that... that means that the plants "Porcelain" and C are not only synonymous, but female! :-D

Me neither but that was his response. That is very cool if EP's clone is female.

Crap... I just realized I misspelled synonymous. I have become too dependant upon spell check it seems. LOL.

EP clone C and D are not the same plant as the 'porcelain' clone that Rich is showing in the link, that comes from Kew/Longwood. I suspect the MT wide pink peristome is the same plant based on what I was able to find out about it.

I've been eager to get clone C and D for a long time. Where can I buy these clones in US?

I would love to have any of those forms.

EP clone C and D are not the same plant as the 'porcelain' clone that Rich is showing in the link, that comes from Kew/Longwood. I suspect the MT wide pink peristome is the same plant based on what I was able to find out about it.

I suspected someone would say that having read the history behind the different clones. I am in no position to argue. I will take Geoff's response as. Clone (c) is the one that closest resembles 'porcelain'.

They are all beautiful.

* This thread is closed. I have located a ventricosa (c) and will be happy with that for the time being. :)

Back