What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purslane herb SASE/trade

Hey, i have so much purslane growing in the garden and i think im the only one that eats it every now and then. but i know i have extra. I'm not sure if its a perennial or not because it didn't come up last year but did this year, because we tilled the dirt. So not sure on that.

Its a pretty good herb, all i'm looking for is your excess vegetable seeds :), really like some short season crops(lettuce, radish, spinach, etc) that i can still plant but would also like things for next years garden. Also interested in Asian vegetables just because it's hard to find them here, preferably close to equal shipping

i will accept cp seeds too :D, really looking for d. filliformis seeds found those, fun to grow preferable already stratified waiting to be planted.

Maybe sarr seeds too, same as above, strat, ready to plant

Otherwise i can SASE it to you.

These plants are said to have the Omega-3 fatty acids that are found in fish oil, so i at least know i'm getting some of my omega 3's :p, if you would like some more in your diet i would try this plant.

let me know if your interested i have plenty to trade off and share

dustin

Last edited:
Purslane

They are great stir fried with a little soy sauce.
Sometime I eat more weeds than I do the plants I am growing. Don't forget the Lambs Quarters. They are great boiled or stir fried.
Phil

Hi, I don't need any purslane but do have some hardneck giant garlic bulbils almost ready to pick. depending on where you live in NY you may need to wait until very early spring to plant them, here in Maryland I plant garlic in October for the following season.
chibae

I would like some purslane! SASE plz!

phil1: Thank you very much! i've just been eating it raw I'll have to try that out sometime, i have plenty of soy sauce, i was also going to see if my grandma would put it in sashimi or something? maybe kimchi? :D experimentation time

chibae: responding to your pm now :)

ieat100s: sent you a pm

So today i made something, a korean inspired dish, just because i'm learning a little bit from my grandma :D

the dish had...

Ingredients: 1 portion/person
1 egg
rice (half a cup for me was plenty, maybe a full cup if your really hungry)
steak (it was leftover but i seasoned it slightly to something like bulgogi)
fresh greens (lettuce, swiss chard, large leaf vegetables)
purslane

Think that was it, now this is something i just put together if you would like a more defined recipe I can try but my grandma doesn't cook by measurements, all memory and taste so it might be kindof hard.

the steak was leftover, regular i guess american charcoal grilled and seasoned lol, what i did was in a pan fried the purslane with soy sauce, sesame oil, then sliced the leftover steak into thin bitesized pieces, and tossed them in. seasoned with oyster sauce, and sesame seeds, maybe a little more soysauce and sesame oil too. tiny bit of sugar couple pinches id say. to balance the salty. i just fried up an egg and put them neatly into a bowl with the egg on top. lettuce as a side to wrap things in.

Not perfect, but i'm still learning and its what i had to work with and it tasted pretty good. probably next time i'll add more purslane i only had a few stems, they shrunk up quite a bit after being fried.

I think it might also work well in a kimchi, sashimi, or chapchae, next time i see my grandma i'll see what she thinks.

I think you can also put it into salads,

hope this helps, im still experimenting with this this is like the first time i've actually tried to prepare it into something. usually i just picked it and ate it raw in the garden

CLOSED: ILL TRY TO COLLECT SEED FOR AN SASE LATER IN THE SEASON

Last edited:
Cool.

Back