What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosiphyllum seeds for SASE

I have a whole bunch of Drosophyllum seeds, just harvested about 10 min ago that I would hate to go to waste. I will give them away if you send me a SASE. 5 per person, to 10 people. Put your name on the list & PM me.
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

I think people should view this thread first: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120965

To try doing what da boss did, and slice off a bit of the end, germinate in vermiculite, and keep in relatively cool conditions.

But I'd love to try this plant. Thanks!

1- Silenceisgod
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

Thanks for your generous offer!

1- Silenceisgod
2-musamusa1975
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

Thanks for this offer!

1- Silenceisgod
2-musamusa1975
3-vbkid
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

1- Silenceisgod
2-musamusa1975
3-Frilleon
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

Thanks!

Thanks,

1- Silenceisgod
2-musamusa1975
3-Frilleon
4-
5-chibae
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

1- Silenceisgod
2-musamusa1975
3-vbkid
4-Frilleon
5-chibae
6-marcos_alc
7-
8-
9-
10-

Fixed.
I'd love to be in this ohmahgoshsomarvelous SASE, but It's too humid for Drosophyllum.

Too humid??? I will try to get around to updating my thread linked above (thanks :D) but I will say I have one plant that I do not water AT ALL and it relies only on the water that mists on it from my fogger.... This is what I have read happens to these plants in the wild (only get water from a heavy fog in the morning, with no soil moisture) but this is just one paper I have read on the subject... That said- if high humidity is the only thing keeping you from trying.... Get them.
Andrew

update 5/21/11
I just saw this so figured I would update it, the one plant I was allowing to water only from the fogger in the g/h ended up dying. I have 3 other pots of plants with 4 plants. Dare I say the one that is doing the best is the one that I water the MOST it basically sits in water at all times. (Started that once the plant got older, check out my actual thread to see more info on germination/potting/watering) just didn't want to leave this reply uneddited when I just read I had said to allow fog only to water- it just didn't work for me in the long term. They definitely still get fogged a lot, with zero negativity but they need more drink than that. http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120965

Last edited:
1- Silenceisgod
2-musamusa1975
3-vbkid
4-Frilleon
5-chibae
6-marcos_alc
7-Nepenthes101
8-
9-
10-

1- Silenceisgod
2-musamusa1975
3-vbkid
4-Frilleon
5-chibae
6-marcos_alc
7-Nepenthes101
8-SirKristoff
9-
10-

There.

Last edited by a moderator:
1- Silenceisgod
2-musamusa1975
3-vbkid
4-Frilleon
5-chibae
6-marcos_alc
7-Nepenthes101
8-SirKristoff
9-ngantnier
10-

1- Silenceisgod
2-musamusa1975
3-vbkid
4-Frilleon
5-chibae
6-marcos_alc
7-Nepenthes101
8-SirKristoff
9-ngantnier
10-M Jacobs

Thanks

A day late....

I planted 5 of the seeds about a month ago and got 5 to sprout! 3 damped off and the remaining 2 are growing great, they are both about 4 inches tall, and are growing 2-3 new leaves a week. Thanks again!

Care to share your method, Ngantnier?

I get about 5% germination rate with this species. :-(

I just scarrified them with a piece of sand paper and planted them in a mix of equal parts sand,peat and perlite and dusted a bit of the mix ontop of the seeds and kept rather moist till they sprouted then kept just moist.

Back