What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Give Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
'The Stranger' and the 'Plague' by Albert Camus. Camus is masterful at creating complex troubled characters and their interactions in an existentialist style.

The Plague "Although Camus's approach in the book is severe, his narrator emphasizes the ideas that we ultimately have no control, irrationality of life is inevitable, and he further illustrates the human reaction towards the ‘absurd’. The Plague represents how the world deals with the philosophical notion of the Absurd, a theory which Camus himself helped to define." wikipedia

Last edited:
As many here have pointed out, choosing just one book is very difficult…The Sirens of Titan, Ishmael, Brave New World, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, The Naked Ape, and Demian are at the top of my list along with the Hannibal Lectar series and most of Stephen King’s work.

However, seeing as I must choose only one, I will go with Fahrenheit 451. It is the only book I have ever read twice and enjoyed both times. Not only is it incredibly relevant to today’s modern impatient, media-addicted culture, but it is also packed with sci-fi action and murderous mechanical hounds.

And... here are the results! First of all, nobody guessed the book which I am currently reading, Moby **** by Herman Melville. If your name is listed below, please PM me to claim your prize. In your PM, please specify which plant you are most interested in. Maybe we can get this to work out perfectly! I will email you back with my paypal address for your $5. Anyhow, the winners are....

FlyedPiper: I studied German in college, and while I haven't read Siddhartha, I have studied Hesse. Kudos to you.

silenceisgod: Although I have never even heard of the book you listed, you did the best job at telling WHY you liked the book.

thez yo: Anybody who can say they reserve a special place in their heart for the works of Plato deserves a plant.

Congrats!

EDIT: By the way, I'm reading Moby D*I*C*K. Apparently greats works of literature deserve censorship... oh wait.

SWEET! You made my day, Davy. Grats on your new sarr too! Talk about instant Karma! Pm sent.

Plants are mailing out tomorrow, closing offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back