What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stapelia for Trade

I have a huge Stapelia that I can take some cuttings off of if anyone is interested. I was hoping for cuptrap VFt or big mouth VFT. The plant is big enough that I can take pieces off for about three trades of VFT that aren't typical ones. The pieces have knubbies on them that when you place them in the soil they root easily. USA only please, not sure about shipping laws, TIA

Picture link included http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/myhumminbird/Picture.jpg

Last edited:
what's ,stapelia? any pics?

I will try and post a picture, never have done that before. This plant blooms a big flower that looks like a starfish, and kinda smells like old meat (just the flower, doesn't smell when not blooming) It draws flies, that is how it is pollinates. I have this plant out in front of my porch, and it doesn't smell so much that you notice it often, although I did move it last year away from my swing. It had so many blooms it WAS stinky. I figured if anyone else besides me would want one of these, it would be the members of this group. What a way to feed your plants. Anyway, I'll go and take some pic's and see if I can upload them.

if yah dont find the VFT's your looking for i wouldnt mind trading a Drosera prolifera for a cutting of your plant, if your interested.....

OK so who knows how to post a picture?

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

I don't know very much about them, do they need to be dormant. I had been putting my VFT up in an attic window in the winter, and it did well.

prolifera is a close relation to adelae.....constant conditions year round, doesnt like really bright light and a lil higher humidity......mine are growing in a open topped 10 gal fish tank under florescents and doing fine....

beautiful succulent!
Picture.jpg

(btw, MyHumminbird, I replaced "url" with "img" and "/url" with "/img" to post your picture on the forum)

Thanks for helping me out and the compliment, I'll have to write that down.

Nice Pic
Great looking plant
Off subject
Does Clarion County mean anything to you??

Umm, East I should think, I am almost on the Ohio/PA line. Is that where you're from?

Back