What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live Spanish Moss / Tillandsia Usneoides

Any One Interested In Trading Anything For Some Live Spanish Moss
It's Live Healthy & Growing Goooood

I Can Trade a Nice Amount / I'm Getting Over Run By It

Giving What It Sells For At Home Depot Etc. I Could Easily Send One Trade Of a Good $20+ Worth
Or
Break It Up Into a Few Smaller Trades

Mainly Looking For "Highland" Neps Not On My Grow List / Anything X Vent
Fused Tooth And/Or One Of The Red Forms Of VFT Like Akai Ryu Or Red Piranha Etc
P. Moctezumae
Or
Feel Free To Tempt Me
Just NO Sundews Or Lowlanders Please

Email Me If Interested & I Can Send Pics Measurements Etc & So On

Thanx
DC
dethcheez@aol.com

I am interested... I'll try to hit you up when I have time to attend to trades.
~Joe

I'd be interested. How does it take to low humidity? We're pretty dry where I am. How would I grow it?

I'd be interested. How does it take to low humidity? We're pretty dry where I am. How would I grow it?

Hi

Sorry, last week was a hell of a looong one & I've been behind on pretty much EVERYTHING

Anyways

It likes High Humidity
I have it hanging in my greenhouse that usually gets sprayed 2 or 3 times a day & it's growing like crazy & even flowered this year
I started with 2 small clumps a few years go now I have like 7 or 8 BIG clumps + some growing over a branch & a Till that it engulfed etc...

Other than that, I just spray it every now & again with some diluted Miracle-Grow

Pretty much the same lighting as Neps
Bright filtered sun

They like it warm
But I'm in Long Beach so the temp shouldn't be that much different in SD

The guy I got it from (also local) had a ton of it & just had it hanging on his fence
Not sure how well it grew, but it didn't look anywhere near as lush as mine does
&
I know he had a lot of problems with birds stealing it / LOL

I would say as long as you keep it at least misted so it doesn't dry out you shouldn't have a problem with it
It seem pretty easy to grow

Here's a site with more info. on it~
http://www.gardenguides.com/taxonomy/spanish-moss-tillandsia-usneoides/

Hope that helped
Eric

PS~ Saw you had a N. Sanguinea x Maxima on your trade list, would gladly trade you a Butt Load for that

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

I am interested... I'll try to hit you up when I have time to attend to trades.
~Joe

I'll Be Here...

LOL...

You're in Long Beach? Wow!

I've always liked the moss but I think I'll pass for now. Don't have a place for it really. I've had some here before and it died...

But thanks for the info and hope to trade with you someday!

Back