What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia seedlings SASE

Have some open pollinated seedlings from this batch for SASE. I recommend a flat rate stamp for a small box ($4.95) otherwise I cannot guarantee their arrival.
I have enough for a few people (maybe 5 or 6? maybe more) but doubtful to have enough for all inquiries.
Just make a post if you're interested (please no PMs) and I will try to send as many seedlings to as many growers as I can. This is not first come first serve. I'll check back in a couple days and PM my addy to as many as I can that inquired. US only plz. Thanks

Last edited:
:wave: Sarrs are my specialty, and I'd be quite honored to carry some of your fine stock in my collection!

Definitly like the little guys and would be interested but have two questions.
1. What is the cross?
2. Would you recommend they stay inside for another season or can they be allowed to go dormant in zone 7A this winter, with mulched protection

Sorry I should have clarified. These are open pollinated seedlings ranging from common sarrs to rare cultivars.
As for dormancy you can place these outside or keep them indoors until they get of size. Others that have received these have gone both route and had success. If you've not attempted a sarr seedling dormancy before id recommend keeping them indoors.

Thank you for the answers, but being open pollenated i think i will remove myself from consideration as although I'm not a species snob, I do prefer to know what is in a cross.
best of luck with them

if i live up to the standards id like to be inclued. thank you.

I would be interested in growing something unknown. Now to find a flat rate stamp of sufficient value.
Thank you very much, have a great day.

John

Last edited:
im new here, but would you ship to canada or would customs be an issue?
id pay the extra money-unless its not worth it.

Hi while I may be new to this forum I am not new to CPs or Sarrs and would love to have some of your beauties in my collection as well.

I would be interested in growing something unknown. Now to find a flat rate stamp of sufficient value.
Thank you very much, have a great day.

John

You can get them at the post office, or print a click n ship label (with all the correct addys filled in ) on line, pay for it online and there you go.

Ooh lovely pics! I am interested...
Question: how tall would you say they are? 3 inches max?
Also, for the Flat Rate, I am not sure how you get the flat rate stamp... As with what Judy explained in her post... Paypal wouldn't work that well, would it?

The seedlings pictured are not the ones for SASE, their siblings are. They range in size from 2-3 inches to around 1/2 inch. You can get a flatrate stamp from the PO or send a $5 bill in your envelope and I will send you back the nickel if you would rather. As chibae mentioned you can also do this online.

The seedlings pictured are not the ones for SASE, their siblings are. They range in size from 2-3 inches to around 1/2 inch. You can get a flatrate stamp from the PO or send a $5 bill in your envelope and I will send you back the nickel if you would rather. As chibae mentioned you can also do this online.
Ok.
I guess I'll look for it online. That would mean you'd be able to print it then, right?

Received!!!
Thank you SO much!
There's so many and they're definite cuties!! :awesome:

Got them yesterday, hopefully I'll have some time today to plant them. If not, then I'll do it tomorrow, my wife thinks they're cute. Thank You Very Much.

Glad your guys like them, two people never sent out their SASE and since I needed the space I divided everything I had into 3. Good luck with them!

Oops, I sent mine out yesterday...

Thanks again I received my package on Tuesday and planted them that same day.. must say I was expecting to only get around 5-8 plants so I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it up. I'll let you know how they do.

Back