What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seed_________# of Lots

D. Indica ‘PPF’ .........0
D. Filliformis ‘FL RD’ ...1
D. Venusta ..............0
D. Capensis ..............0
D. Capensis ‘alba’ ......0

Total: .....................1

I think I messed up trying to germinate my batches so im just going to try this again...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seed_________# of Lots

D. Indica ‘PPF’ .........1
D. Filliformis ‘FL RD’ ....1
D. Venusta ..............1
D. Capensis ..............1
D. Capensis ‘alba’ ......1

Total: .....................5

Seed_________# of Lots

D. Indica ‘PPF’ .........1
D. Filliformis ‘FL RD’ ....1
D. Venusta ..............1

Total: .....................3

With temperatures getting really close to zero around here at night, should I invest in one of those nice bubble-insulated priority envelopes, you think? Thanks!

With temperatures getting really close to zero around here at night, should I invest in one of those nice bubble-insulated priority envelopes, you think? Thanks!

I don't know if that'd help temperature wise. I live in San Diego, so I don't know. I admit: I DON'T KNOW.

On the other hand, I don't see how a bubble envelope will raise the temperature inside any. I don't think it matters. Bubble envelopes are to give the seeds comfort...a cushy ride.

I don't know if that'd help temperature wise. I live in San Diego, so I don't know. I admit: I DON'T KNOW.

On the other hand, I don't see how a bubble envelope will raise the temperature inside any. I don't think it matters. Bubble envelopes are to give the seeds comfort...a cushy ride.
Hmmm, perhaps you could add signature delivery? I'd obviously pay the extra ($2.35 if I remember correctly), and/or add extra stamps. You'd have to actually go in, though, and that's a pain... they'll probably do fine, I'm normally home to (obsessively) check the mail when I'm expecting something, I'm just paranoid, LOL. I'll just send you a bubble priority envelope, that should be more than fine for them.

Thank you! This is a ridiculous(ly awesome) SASE.

D. Indica 'PPF'..............1
D. Filiformis 'FL RD'............1
D. Venusta....................1
D. Capensis....................0
D. Capensi 'alba'..............1

Total: ..........................4

Ty for your generosity!

I got your SASE today...but either your contact information, seed request info and stamps fell out or they weren't included :nono:

This is the first time during this SASE that this has happened. Did you not read carefully?

Let me know what happened, privately if you like. Right now I am assuming everything fell out or was stolen. It's happened once before. Poor CP Sam.

Hmmm, perhaps you could add signature delivery? I'd obviously pay the extra ($2.35 if I remember correctly), and/or add extra stamps. You'd have to actually go in, though, and that's a pain... they'll probably do fine, I'm normally home to (obsessively) check the mail when I'm expecting something, I'm just paranoid, LOL. I'll just send you a bubble priority envelope, that should be more than fine for them.

Thank you! This is a ridiculous(ly awesome) SASE.

They'll probably do fine. Please, however, don't let this SASE ruin your day! It will take a week or two to get around to you. I know what it's like to eagerly await slow-moving mail ;)

Um.....

Did I not put the return envelop in? I forget everything anymore. :-(

No return info, what a dork I have become :crazy:

D. Indica 'PPF'..............1
D. Filiformis 'FL RD'............1
D. Venusta....................1
D. Capensis....................0
D. Capensi 'alba'..............1

Total: ..........................4

No stamp! :blush: ???

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

hmmmm, yup and did not remember the proper amount of postage either. Must use stickies, must use stickies. I will send more stamps...or any stamps as this case my be. I hope the other SASEs I sent out were ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
They'll probably do fine. Please, however, don't let this SASE ruin your day! It will take a week or two to get around to you. I know what it's like to eagerly await slow-moving mail ;)
Ha! Ruin it! Trust me, it already made one day, and it'll make another when they come in the mail! It's probably different than you're used to, though. I sent you a paid priority envelope as well as a bubble envelope to put inside the priority envelope. I know, it's kind of an interesting setup, but I included some instructions on the slip with my info along with extra stamps for the weirdness of it, LOL. And, of course, everything is already addressed and has postage on it. This was just the easiest way I could think of for you that gave me the peace of mind that they wouldn't get crushed (bubbles) or frozen (priority).

Thanks again!

Um.....

Did I not put the return envelop in? I forget everything anymore. :-(

No return info, what a dork I have become :crazy:

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

[/COLOR]hmmmm, yup and did not remember the proper amount of postage either. Must use stickies, must use stickies. I will send more stamps...or any stamps as this case my be. I hope the other SASEs I sent out were ok.

Calm down a bit :) I'm not upset or mad in the least. We all make mistakes and I would want someone else to treat me fairly, so I'll do the same. It's not quite as bad as you may think:

This is what you're missing:

1. 4x extra stamps--used for giveaways, warranty, trades, motivation.
2. Slip of paper with contact info and seed varieties wanted--I use this as the packing list, mainly. Otherwise I have to log and and find the post and then pack...

Now I would let it go, really. I was tempted to not even say anything. BUT it is unfair to those who did it right. Therefore, I will require that you send me those two things...but I'll also send your SASE out tomorrow as if nothing happened. Please PM me if you have further questions/concerns.

Happy growing! :boogie:

(And please don't post your address for everyone to see. I have asked a moderator to remove it to protect your privacy.)

Ha! Ruin it! Trust me, it already made one day, and it'll make another when they come in the mail! It's probably different than you're used to, though. I sent you a paid priority envelope as well as a bubble envelope to put inside the priority envelope. I know, it's kind of an interesting setup, but I included some instructions on the slip with my info along with extra stamps for the weirdness of it, LOL. And, of course, everything is already addressed and has postage on it. This was just the easiest way I could think of for you that gave me the peace of mind that they wouldn't get crushed (bubbles) or frozen (priority).

Thanks again!

Well, I guess it will get around quickly, LOL! Ok. This is unusual, but I think I can handle it :-D

I'll let you know when I get it.

Do you still have some D. indica seeds left?

Okey dokes!

What do I need to do, hmmm.....

Seed_________# of Lots

D. Indica ‘PPF’ .........2
D. Venusta ..............0

Total: .....................3

Ha ha! Your example was exactly waht I wanted. LOL!

PM in the "mail".

Please pardon my double dipping but mine are starting to come up and I cant help myself.

Seed_________# of Lots

D. Indica ‘PPF’ .........0
D. Venusta ..............2
D. Capensis ..............2

SASE will be in the mail tomorrow.

Ha ha! Your example was exactly waht I wanted. LOL!

Well, it was honestly what I would have wanted. And now you make 3 of us!

Please pardon my double dipping but mine are starting to come up and I cant help myself.

They're sprouting !?! :boogie:

Take what you'd like. Do remember that d. venusta is a slow one. I've got several confirmed seedlings...but they are slow growers. Not so from cuttings.

Received _ReApEr's and guitarFread23's :boogie:

Seed_________# of Lots

D. indica "PPF" ...........1
D. filiformis "FL RD" ....1
D. venusta ...............1
D. capensis ...............1
D. capensis ‘Albino’ ......1

Last edited:
Seed_________# of Lots

D. indica "PPF" ...........1
D. filliformis "FL RD" ....1
D. venusta ...............1
D. capensis ...............1
D. capensis ‘Albino’ ......1

Thank you very much.

so whats the rule of thumb getting these started. Ca i sow them right away? i noticed they were wraped in wet paper towel. do i have to dry them out first? please help.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

sry wrong post area eek

so whats the rule of thumb getting these started. Ca i sow them right away? i noticed they were wraped in wet paper towel. do i have to dry them out first? please help.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

sry wrong post area eek

Yeah...wrapped in wet paper towel? I don't think so! For gemmae just sow them right away. Keep them wet, don't let them dry out. They're not seeds.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

I keep forgetting: I received Adrielme's on Friday!

I'll go ahead and put it out there, in case any were wondering, that within six weeks of sowing my seeds, ALL five varieties I received from SDCPs sprouted in various numbers. The filiformis had the lowest germination rate, but then again, there may be plenty still waiting to sprout!

These are some good seeds, folks - get 'em while they're hot.

Back