What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for interesting male

My veitchii x lowii is putting out a flower stalk and I am looking for truncata, tm, and hamata pollen, but if you have any interesting male; I would love to cross it with this good hybrid. The flower will be ready in 1-2 months. Seed will be split 50/50.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sorry for trolling but I first thought it was a dating ad.

n(veitchii x tiveyi) x maxima, flowering ,you'll need to help me the with collection process, and want this particular pollen , im new to flowering, I've been growing neps for a few years, but this is my first bloom.:-D.
A few members have identified it as male, just let me know if your interested
IMG_2627.jpg
IMG_2628.jpg

A rafflesiana does sound interesting. I will let you know when it open. Thanks Andrew.

Uphwiz, Thanks for the offer buy I will have to pass on that one.

Jeff

I've got a male N. maxima x trusmadiensis (TM) that is flowering right now..

Last edited:
Sounds like a Craigslist friday night personal ad, lol.

wish my male spectabilis was in bloom right now :\
darn...

You're welcome to take the offer of N. maxima x trusmadiensis (TM) from MM if you'd like. I have two other offers. If you prefer my raff I'm sure I can get you some as well though. Let me know.
Andrew

I like the sound of N. (veitchii x lowii) x (maxima x TM).. I've been wondering where we were at with this. I've got a good portion of my pollen going to Srduggins, but would definately save some for this mix.

Hi massmorels,

Sorry I was busy so could not get back to you, and was going to pm you. That does sound very cool. I would like to make the cross with you maxima x tm.

Thanks
Jeff

I noticed a few days ago a second flower on another vine should be no problem getting some pollen to you and the other. Mass- how far along is yours?
Andrew

I noticed a few days ago a second flower on another vine should be no problem getting some pollen to you and the other. Mass- how far along is yours?
Andrew

The first few buds on the bottom row are have seperated from the group. I think it'll still be a couple more weeks before I see an open flower. :water:

Don't forget that each flower is an individual. You can pollinate some of the flowers with one male and others with another male.

I've usually got some males in bloom. Hard to tell what will be available in 2 months.

maxima x aristo has 2 spikes in bloom and another spike started, so pollen should be available for a while on that one. Same story with thorelii x aristo.

Also have maxima(clone b or l - I forget which one is the male.
maxima x fusca "dark" - this one is a beauty and not to be confused with 'Gentle'
DSCF0046.jpg
P1080063.jpg

I'm sure there's other stuff as well.

mm - your thorelii x TM seems to be in sync with my maxima x thorelii, but I'm much more interested in crossing it with my thorelii x TM, which is a week or two behind. She should still line up with your mid to late flowers.

Hi guys,
The plant is a slow grower so the flowers haven't seperated yet. I will a pic later.

J

mm - your thorelii x TM seems to be in sync with my maxima x thorelii, but I'm much more interested in crossing it with my thorelii x TM, which is a week or two behind. She should still line up with your mid to late flowers.

maxima x TM.. but I knew what you meant. :-D

Back