What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted: Mimosa pudica seeds

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
Just like it says in the title. I haven't seen these offered lately, but I know one of you out there in warmer parts must have some choking a far corner of your yard or something. PM me to work out an offer.
Thanks,
~Joe

mimose tree with the pink powder puff bloom, pic coming in a few min.

No, I'm looking for Mimosa pudica, which grows as a scrambling, thorny shrub. The common name is sensitive plant or touch-me-not, as the foliage droops and pretends to be wilted when the plant is disturbed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimosa_pudica
~Joe

stranges nursery in Richmond Va had tons of the last time I wan there didnt think they could survive our weather here in zone 7 can you grow them outside there?

No, they don't deal well with the cold. They can be grown as annuals but that's not what I plan to do - I want to use them for terrarium projects.
~Joe

hey joe, i happen to have mimosa pudica flowering right this second. however i have no idea how to pollinate it ?

That stuff grew all over at my highschool. I LOVED it!

Not sure how to pollenate it either. :( I was under the impression that it was relatively easy, maybe even self-pollenating, but I've never been able to get seeds.
~Joe

I've found them in bulk for $18 an ounce, but I was hoping I might be able to find someone with a surplus.
~Joe

or i can find some for you? i got a lot growing around my area...but cannot guarantee either got seeds or not...

I've got seeds in a nursery package!

And I have flowering plants. PM me if you want the package.

Back