What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ventricosa x xTM (a) for postage.

Yep, you heard right! I am giving a rooted cutting away for postage.

This one is not in the best of shape, but is healthy and is rooted. It is a top growth point cutting and is just starting to show new leaf growth. Just needs a few more months of growing for it to look tip top. I need to make room because I have another vine of N. ventrocosa x xTM to hack.

Two stipulations.
1. You must be capable of growing highland plants.
2. You must give away for postage 1 rooted cutting of this plant before you can trade or sell. Honor system. I'm not going to keep tabs, I would just like to see more rare stuff offered for free or postage.

I will keep this open until Monday or so and then will pick a winner randomly.

Good luck.

PS: US only.

Last edited:
im interested as well!
im pretty sure your familiar with my highland set up as well :)
P1010014-7.jpg

I would love to be included in this plant gifting as well. In the past, I've given quite a number of plants/seeds never charging for shipping at all - just sharing CPs with others for the sheer love of the hobby. Furthermore, I believe I can provide the plant a good home. If you would like to see some of the accommodations where I grow neps please take a look at:

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120958&page=4

Thanks for the consideration! :)

Last edited:
thanks for the nice offer , i would also be interested, Im currently growing several highland neps , and am about to build a much larger grow space for my larger highlanders. I currently have two medium highland terrariums, in which i intend to grow the smaller ones till they graduate to the new jumbo terrarium.I also have a greenhouse set up , and am readying it for some of my cps. though they wount make it in this winter , ive watched too many plants lost to the deep freezes here.
I do have most of the neps i want,but i would like to get a couple with TM as one of the parents , very nice nep.
again thanks.

Count me in too. I'm able to grow HL neps and would be glad to pass along the generosity down the line!

Thanks!
Michael

Count me in! I am growing ventricosa and TM, and would like to grow the cross. I live in the San Diego, and the weather provides perfect growing conditions for highlander neps. So I need not to provide special HL equipments. All my HL neps are growing outdoor in a opened terrarium, which keeps humidity. Here is the link of some pics of my neps: http://dsp.ucsd.edu/~zhilin/growlist.html

Thanks!
Zhilin

WOOHOO!! Count me in.. I wish I could keep my LL's as happy as I do my HL's. But let's face it, HL's just seem to be more rewarding.

Me too :D if possible, thank you very much i grow highlanders ill get a pic of my set up asap

No need to post pics or qualifications, honor system. But feel free if you want to share with others.

I'll throw my hat into the going..my TM hybrids could use a buddy --

1. I grow mostly highlands, couple l/l (clip, campy), bunch of intermediates and uhls too. My ventXTM (b) is doing great and is in POTM contest over at pitcherplants forums.
2. No probs on this, give away plants regularly.

Here's my main nep growing area (amp inside cuz it's more l/l than h/l intermediate.., couple others acclimating to the side behind me):
P9170021.jpg

Last edited:
Just a question:
What is TM? (Yeah,yeah, I have no clue.)

Just a question:
What is TM? (Yeah,yeah, I have no clue.)

'Trusmadiensis' - It is not a species, but a naturally-occurring hybrid of lowii x macrophylla.

Oh. I think I'll pass for now. Thanks!

id love to give it a try i'll get pics of my set up and plants soon.

If the auction counts as an acceptable way to fulfill the requirements, then count me in plus a nep to be named later.

Sure why not :).

decided to go for it after all, please include my name

Time to announce the winner. I decided to use the name out of a hat method.
And the winner is...

M Jacobs!
Congrats!

Now that I have some room, I will be cutting the other vine and have decided to give away two unrooted cuttings for postage if the runner up winners want them. Using the hat method again I have selected..

1. thez_yo
2. SirKristoff

Thanks to all who entered. I am sorry I don't have more to give away of this fantastic plant.

Winners please send me a PM with shipping info.

Back