What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted: D. Cistiflora and D. Madagascarensis

Hello friends,

I'm looking for seed or plants of D. Cistiflora. Location data preferred. If this species grow successfully for me you can be sure I will distribute seed :) I have several things to trade, please look at the list in the trading post. It starts with "all extras for trade"

I was looking for D. madagascarensis, but the generous people of TF have already made me several offers.

I really like South African drosera! They grow well here!

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
I have Cistiflora seeds waiting to germinate. If I'm successful, I'll let you know :)

Ok. Thanks.

However, I'd rather germinate my own (since they would be automatically adjusted to my conditions) but if I can't get seed I'll fall back on you :)

dang, so i guess those madagascar seeds i sent you a while ago never sprouted? mine never did either :-( ill check the icps seed bank for more (unless you already have)

Went out today and yahoo!!!! my madagascarensis with location data gave me some seeds
Do you want them?

I have tons of D. madagascarensis plantlets, just germinated a month ago. 3mm cross. If you want, come to my home to pick up (no seeds :( just germinated plantlets). I am also in San Diego. Sundew location: Botswana

First, THANK YOU ALL for your kind responses and offers.

dang, so i guess those madagascar seeds i sent you a while ago never sprouted? mine never did either :-( ill check the icps seed bank for more (unless you already have)

I see some sundews in the pot I planted them in, but I'm assuming they're not d. madagascarensis. They look like d. dielsiana.

I am not a member of the ICPS seed bank...but would donate tons of d. indica seed so that I could have access to the "donors only" section.

If I could donate seeds in your name, let me know. And this goes for anyone reading.

Went out today and yahoo!!!! my madagascarensis with location data gave me some seeds
Do you want them?

Sure. Especially if they have location data. I'll PM you...if you haven't PMed me already (haven't checked my 8 or so PMs yet)

I have tons of D. madagascarensis plantlets, just germinated a month ago. 3mm cross. If you want, come to my home to pick up (no seeds :( just germinated plantlets). I am also in San Diego. Sundew location: Botswana

What part of San Diego do you live in?

I might wait (if I can come over) until the plantlets are more mature.

Hello everybody,

I do not need d. madagascarensis anymore. I have two sources of seeds and plants. Both plant material have the same location data! Yay!

However, I only have one source of d. cisitifolia, and it doesn't have location data. Therefore, I'm looking for one more source for plants or seeds so that I can have more genetic variety.

Back