What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey great offer. I would be thrilled to get any of the below:

Utricularia longifolia
Utricularia nelumbifolia
Utricularia livida
and should it become available, the Hummer's Giant

Win or lose thanks for the chance!

I would also like a chance at the ampularia 'Cantley's Red'.

I giveaway stuff quite often here on TF. And rare stuff at that... vent x xTM, rubra ssp. alabamensis, seeds, etc. Although none to you if I recall. :(

Great giveaway by the way!

Great giveaway. I would like D. Natalensis, U.livid, and the Ceph of course.

Nice to see generosity here!
I don't "need" anything currently, but then I am owed nothing either!
Find someone more deserving or more in need than I...

but know that the folks here appreciate your kindness (well, most do I am sure)
and that it is people like you who make these forums a good place to be. :bigthumpup:

Good Growing!
:water:

Hi,

Super generous offer! I'd be interested in the amp 'cantley's red' or the myrmecodia.

thx!

I'd be interested in any of:

Genlisea violacea 'Giant'-I am most interested in this.

Ceph Hummer's Giant

Utricularia nelumbifolia seedling - very tiny just have too many
Utricularia nephrophylla - white flower
Utricularia tricolor - yep
Utricularia endressii - small fresh division

Please PM me if I can have anything.

Thanks!

Wow! Too generous! If you've got any to spare, I'd love to give the Genlisea a shot.

But mainly and mostly, I've lusted after U. nelumbifolia for so long that, if you are giving some away, I would love to be on the receiving end of that giveaway.

Oh man, and U. calcyifida is absolutely gorgeous, if you have any to spare I would be most gracious!

You don't owe me anything! But if I ever have enough plants to give away that you are interested in you'd be on my "to owe" list.

Last edited:
unfortunetly theres thhe drag of the seeds getting here.... permits and what not

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

I would like a utricularia livida white flower. Thanks for doing this

The Utric. livida is a blue flower location Durban, SA.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Looks like the Nep. amp 'Cantley's Red' has the most interest so I'll raffle it off first. Just easier for me that way. Should have a winner Tue/Wed.

ooooh... I like blue flowers better! Isnt livida the kind that blooms prolifically? If it is please let me know how much the shipping is.

I am interested:

Nepenthes ampularia 'Cantley's Red' - Cutting well rooted 2 growth points, pitchers. 6-8"

or any of the Utrics except sandersonii as I already have that one :)

I would be interested in the Nepenthes ampularia 'Cantley's Red.' I have a special section in my greenhouse for lowlanders (with extra humidity and heating mat) and as for sharing the plant in the future, it has two growth points so i would be able to propagate it safely once it gets established in my conditions and spread it around!

Thanks for the generous offers!

Sam

And we have a winning for the Nepenthes ampularia 'Cantley's Red'!

i would like to try a shot at the Utricularia endressii please. :)

EDIT
well, if explaining myself results in increasing my chances, i'm going to go for it!

i would love a shot at U. endressii because it is one of those subtle beauties found in the Orchidioides complex. in the past, i've been a receiver of kindness as well as a giver. Unfortunately, many of the Orchidioides complex are rather rare and hard to find. I would like to help change that, in combining efforts with people such as yourself to give away such wonderful plants. of the Orchidioides complex, i currently grow quelchii (just received a bonafide plug of the real deal), humboldtii, nephrophylla, and a few others. media mix varies from plant to plant...some are mounted on corkbark, while others are in sphag slurries. all are grown in highland conditions, right next to the ultrasonic fogger.

How are the ones on corkbark doing? I've never actually tried something that dry before.

Yea even the "common" ones can be hard to get, I'm still half looking for a U. alpina.

EDIT
well, if explaining myself results in increasing my chances, i'm going to go for it!

i would love a shot at U. endressii because it is one of those subtle beauties found in the Orchidioides complex. in the past, i've been a receiver of kindness as well as a giver. Unfortunately, many of the Orchidioides complex are rather rare and hard to find. I would like to help change that, in combining efforts with people such as yourself to give away such wonderful plants. of the Orchidioides complex, i currently grow quelchii (just received a bonafide plug of the real deal), humboldtii, nephrophylla, and a few others. media mix varies from plant to plant...some are mounted on corkbark, while others are in sphag slurries. all are grown in highland conditions, right next to the ultrasonic fogger.

corkbark is used for the ones that are strict lithophytes. i use a different kind of moss for it as well, it resembles more along the lines of java moss, or peacock moss as sphagnum holds too much water. so far the plant is doing well.

How are the ones on corkbark doing? I've never actually tried something that dry before.

Yea even the "common" ones can be hard to get, I'm still half looking for a U. alpina.

Just bite the bullet and get them from overseas in the EU - you'll have to pay for phyto and shipping, but at least there isn't cites to deal with like there is for neps!

I'm sending out a few PMs a day to get things sorted out, if the plant is not grayed out on the first post there is still some up for grabs. I still have 5-7 people to contact, I just have to take things slow and make sure I don't over commit myself :)

Generousity appreciated RSS.. I know there were a few of us that threw out some stuff here and there to assist in the giveaway theme. Good plants, good fun, good times!

If you haven;t given all away yet Genlisea violacea 'Giant'-I am most interested in this.
Utricularia nelumbifolia seedling - very tiny just have too many
Utricularia nephrophylla - white flower
Utricularia tricolor - yep
#2Utricularia endressii - small fresh division
#1Genlisea violacea 'Giant'-

I'm back to the point where I need to send more plants out before I can send more PMs out. So if you have not heard from me there is still a chance. I'll gray out the plant when I don't have any more to send out.

So far 4 Boxes have went out.

Back