What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
I have two Lowland Nepenthes up for trade. It hurts my heart very much to offer my beloved Nepenthes bicalcarata up for trade and/or adoption. I would not trade it for the world if I honestly felt that I didn't have to. Unfortunately this plant grows to be the largest carnivorous plant in terms of leaf rosette and vine length, and as well all know it needs devilishly warm temperatures to thrive. With my being in Alaska - it just isn't right for me to keep this plant. :cry:

It is a lot of things:

It is going on four years old. It is a large plant. This picture was taken about two weeks ago.
DSCN5534.jpg

It is a Brunei "Orange/red" that I picked up from Peter D'amato's nursery in Sebastapol.
It's beautifully handsome fanged pitchers are a wonderful shade of red when grown right. I'm proud to say this plant won me the first TF pitcher of the month contest way back when last year. Here's that picture of perhaps its best pitcher it produced for me.
SANY0110.jpg

It is also in need of a repotting, and has a lot of potential for a grower who lives in a warm climate and has a good lowland set-up. If it is repotted and grown in excellent lowland conditions, I would not be surprised if this plant started to vine after not too long, given its age.

Like I said, I've had this plant longer than any other Carnivorous plant, and it has moved with me to the lower 48 and back. Many a friend or family has had to rigorously care for it in my absence, and I love it very much. If you are interested, please let me know that you have a good lowland set up, I would like to see a picture if possible, and would love to see pictures of its progress in a better environment. Also, should it ever pollen or seed, I'd love to be in on that, if ever it happens. (sorry I know, I know, I'm being an over-bearing mother).

I will most likely spend an arm and a leg packaging and mailing this very large plant. But I will do so with the utmost care. Please do me a large favor and help me find a warm, steamy, and spacious home for this beautiful plant. If you are interested PM me with either a picture or a description of your setup and what your average conditions are. I want this to go to the best possible home it can get.

In return I ask that you mist it extra just for me so that it makes beautiful pitchers. Also, chisel off the fang nectar and try it - IT'S GOOD.

Also up for trade is a Nepenthes ampullaria that was marketed as ampullaria x talangensis. There has been much dispute over whether it really is that cross, and most growers seem to agree that it is just ampullaria, either way it's a pretty plant, and is getting bigger, and I also lack the means to keep a proper environment for this plant.
DSCN5636.jpg

It's pitchers are a nice crimson with very dark almost black striping on the peristome
DSCN5637.jpg

And it's got a great basal rosette going.
DSCN5638.jpg

Sorry for the large amount of rambling that I put into this post, so here's the bottom line:

Bicalcarata - This is a very dear to me, mature, two foot in diameter plant that is in need of a good home with a competent grower. I realize that it's not a very rare plant, so this is essentially an adoption, but if possible I would also much appreciate a plant or two in return.

Ampullaria "x talangensis" - Not so dear to me, but a beautiful plant and a good addition to any lowland setup.

If you are interested in both, that would be awesome.

If you have any plants for trade, I am much interested in:

Compact highland/intermediate Nepenthes, Cephalotus of any kind/size, Heliamphora of any kind/size, petiolaris Drosera of any kind/size, Mexican Pinguicula that are red or pink or medusina/moctezuma, or Sarracenia psittachina. Any other offers will be considered too...

But mostly, just help me find a good home for my beloved Bical.

Shipping is on me. :cry:

I am getting ready to fill a humongous LL terra, and I can always squeeze in another bical. I also have a thing for ampullaria.

PM in the mail.

Closed! Thank you all who responded and expressed interest. It really means a lot to me. :)

:hail:
Thank you!
I think you forgot to respond to my newest PM though :p

Back