What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

so all of the plants that we picked out will be here on Thursday?

Aack I found the envelope I was supposed to send you in my car last night NOW it is at the post office!

so the plants i chose will be at my house thursday?

Mine arrived today...P. 'Titan' is so gorgeous and adorable. Unfortunately, I didn't know they were coming, and they sat outside in the mailbox in the snow all day. They seem OK, so hopefully they didn't receive any frost damage.

Thanks anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I hate myself for never visiting this forum.

ack, sorry about that raven ^_^;;
im sure it will be fine, they are hardy little plants...ive had P. 'Titan' freeze solid and not care, though it was only frozen for a few hours before i remembered it was still in the GH hahaha.
should be fine, if something happens let me know :)

Received my plant today. Much bigger than I was expecting, great packaging, and a healthy looking plant! You went above and beyond Kris, now I just have to hope I can do my part and keep it alive...
Potted it up in a 60/40 LFS/Perlite mix, leaving the media you sent it in surrounding the roots.
Thanks again!
Kyle

i just wrapped it up the roots in some dead LFS, im sure you could have just potted it up with out it but hey it works :)
im glad you liked the plant Kyle, took months for that thing to root when i cut it a year ago lol.
Enjoy :)

Got mine today! Unfortunately, mine also sat in the freezing cold for up to around 4.5 hours. Your comment about them freezing and being fine is reassuring though! And it actually looked pretty good still, so we'll see. At least it didn't freeze solid! It's a cute little plant, I hope it recovers well. In my frantic rush to get it potted and into my plant rack to warm up, I broke a leaf off. Stuck it in my "cutting" box, maybe it'll take, LOL. For curiosity's sake, what's the media like you grow them in? I used 1/1/1 peat/perlite/vermiculite. I'll let you know how it recovers. Thanks again!

man i am sorry guys i should have sent out messages about that...the fact that i was even able to get up there and get plants out was amazing...the lines were intense

BAH! You have nothing to be sorry for! You were generous enough to go out of your way and, indeed, contend with the holiday post office crowds, all for the sake of being a nice guy. If it doesn't recover, it was totally my fault. I figured it was coming today and I neglected to stay home and wait for it.

You are awesome for even doing this, no need to apologize!

hi... Is P. 'Titan' still available?

hi... Is P. 'Titan' still available?

Sorry but i think i got the last on and it is COOL! and that D. intermedia is growing like CRAZY! THE BEST giveaway.

So far!

I'm actually still waiting for my Nep seedling... :) Any word on when that might be shipped?

This is i cool giveaway to bad i didn't know what Nepenthes were at this time and maybe i could have gotten one but have you gotten your plant yet jonnyq? Also how about everyone post pics of thier plants that they got from the giveaway i will do mine tomorrow i don't have time tonight.

I will post tomorrow, me Miranda cutting put out its first pitcher since receiving it last week!

*Nevermind*
But thanks for doing this

Jonny im sorry, i have the shipping sitting right next to my speaker and just havent had a chance to get in and repot the pot of seedlings in order to get one out for you...
too much to do @_@
PM me your addy and ill see what i can do about getting it out to you here in the next day or so once it warms up

Well not today either most likley tomorrow.

well obviously it wouldnt be today since its a holiday, and yesterday was sunday...
so by the next day or so, i mean the next shipping day or so once the weather warms up :|

Back