What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera scorpioides & D. paleacea subsp. roseana gemmae "SASE"

D. paleacea subsp. roseana :

1. rball0406 (semt gemmea on Dec.15)
2. copper
3. Exo
4. Chezilla
5. Dionae
6. allegedhuman (semt gemmea on Dec.15)
7. Zabes64 (semt gemmea on Dec.15)
8. Idontkno23

I hope it stays above freezing like it barely is now :boogie:

Got mine yesterday. They look great!
Thanks!

Got them yesterday, too! All arrived well, and with a great packing method, I'm gonna have to remember that.

Thanks, happy growing!

:-( got mine today......the paper towel was all dried out and smooshed to the point of it being turned into confetti, i tried to save a few but it doesnt look good.

Plants arrived okay. Thank you very much. :)

Hi, rball,

Sorry to hear that. Don't image what happened to your envelop, since I used two approaches to protect the gemmea. Could you PM your address to me? If my sundews produce more gemmea, I'll send to you. Based on my experience, they may again produce more gemmea soon.

PS: Whether the paper towel is moist or dry does not harm the gemmea. I once accepted gemmea from others, which were simply put in a dry paper bag, but they also grew well. Hope your gemmea can make it.

:-( got mine today......the paper towel was all dried out and smooshed to the point of it being turned into confetti, i tried to save a few but it doesnt look good.

ill let u know if anything comes up, then if not buy that time u may have more. Thanks it was like inpossible to seperate the seeds from the papertowel haha it was as if they were fibered into it as it was made.

Umm.....did my envelopes get there yet?

My envelope ever get there:)?

Cool. Thanks!

Updated:

D. scorpioides:

1. Silenceisgod (semt gemmea on Dec.15)
2. Rball0406 (semt gemmea on Dec.15)
3. Awgaupp (sent gemmea on Dec.13)
4. Exo (sent on Jan.3)
5. jimscott (sent gemmea on Dec.6)
------------------------------------------------------

D. paleacea subsp. roseana :

1. rball0406 (semt gemmea on Dec.15)
2. copper (not receive SASE envelop)
3. Exo (sent on Jan.3)
4. Chezilla (sent on Jan.3)
5. Dionae (sent on Jan.3)
6. allegedhuman (semt gemmea on Dec.15)
7. Zabes64 (semt gemmea on Dec.15)
8. Idontkno23 (not receive SASE envelop)

I got mine yesterday.....most of the gemmae were crushed to a pulp...but I think that I might have a few survivors that were cusioned by the dead ones......

so it must be the damn NY post men that are culprits.......i had a simular experience with mine but they came back from the dead....best luck.

Mine looked great as far as I could tell but i'm a noob so what do I know:p. Thanks Zhilin!

My Roseana germinated yesterday, they're so cute! My scorps already germinated, but they didn't unfold any leaves yet.

Thanks! Got mine a while ago and have lovely green leaves popping out of the pots as I continue to type. There was a ton more than I expected so eventhough I also had the problem of many of them becoming fused between layers of paper...whatever... I still was able to pick out enough clean of paper to have a nice pretty pot.

Back