What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capensis seed D:

All my D. capensis decided to go nuts and flower. All the flowers have closed up, and they're trying to flower AGAIN. But nonono, it shall not happen!

However, I now have a ridiculous amount of seeds, and would feel terrible just tossing them.
PLEASE SOMEONE TAKE THESE AWAY FROM ME.

If anyone wants some, post a comment in this thread, and maybe we can get a list going.

I've had great success germinating seeds from these plants before, and they've been growing super fast (though that's not saying much, haha).
I'LL EVEN PAY FOR POSTAGE.

I'm srs, get these outta my sight, I have too many.

Can i have some? If so and if you want to get a list going then

1.Eou812

What variety of D. capensis?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Exo:
Just regular ol' D. capensis.

I can take some. D. capensis is one I never got because of it's over growing status. I guess trying a few from seed can't be too bad.

Lol, very true. I have about 60 that germinated from seed. Separated those babies right away...now for the 60 or so D. 'Albino', 20 something red.....

thanks for the great giveaway.

Last edited:
I'm just asking.

Last edited:
@EOU:
Yes, I will be giving some seeds away. I'm seeing who all is interested for a couple days, as not everyone is able to get on TF every day.
It's impolite to pester someone on their thread that they just posted. I already said that I'll give away seeds if people are interested, so there is no need to ask again.
Patience, young Padawan.

I will PM all who express interest in a couple days to get addresses. Shipping will happen *sometime* after that, as I work full time, plus have school when I'm not working.

Dear EOU,
Please allow me to enlighten you on something.
The words "No Offense" are not a "get out of jail free" card.
For example, if I informed you that you stink so horribly that you induce my gag reflex, that I have found rocks with more intelligence then you, and desire to push you into oncoming traffic, but say NO OFFENSE, OKAY? that doesn't make any of what I said less offensive, or even okay, for that matter.
However, in this case, you saying NO OFFENSE OK (it's OKAY, by the way. Two extra letters will NOT kill you) in an instance where you're just being a most impatient, demanding child- a circumstance which is in no way offensive, just really annoying.

Having said that, YOU are the one that needs to loosen up a bit, because you are the one that can't even wait 24 hours for the OP to get back to you about regarding the giveaway. It'd be most generous if you were even to get any after you were such a poor sport about having to wait for something that's not even costing you a stamp.

You really should edit that post and change it to something a bit more polite like "Thanks for the great offer!" or some such.

Your funny

Last edited:
1. Eou812
2. Irontom Would be nice to have some regulars to go with the D. 'Albino'.

1. Eou812
2. Irontom Would be nice to have some regulars to go with the D. 'Albino'
3.Manzano167

Dear EOU,
Please allow me to enlighten you on something.
The words "No Offense" are not a "get out of jail free" card.
For example, if I informed you that you stink so horribly that you induce my gag reflex, that I have found rocks with more intelligence then you, and desire to push you into oncoming traffic, but say NO OFFENSE, OKAY? that doesn't make any of what I said less offensive, or even okay, for that matter.
However, in this case, you saying NO OFFENSE OK (it's OKAY, by the way. Two extra letters will NOT kill you) in an instance where you're just being a most impatient, demanding child- a circumstance which is in no way offensive, just really annoying.

Having said that, YOU are the one that needs to loosen up a bit, because you are the one that can't even wait 24 hours for the OP to get back to you about regarding the giveaway. It'd be most generous if you were even to get any after you were such a poor sport about having to wait for something that's not even costing you a stamp.

You really should edit that post and change it to something a bit more polite like "Thanks for the great offer!" or some such.

:clap::woot:

Your Funny man you should say more stuff like no offense stuff more offten and i have know idea what you are talkin about oh well it's prob. noth. see every 1.

No offense, but that was a little offensive. :-))

Your Funny man you should say more stuff like no offense stuff more offten and i have know idea what you are talkin about oh well it's prob. noth. see every 1.

Firstly, i<3carnivores is a girl.

Secondly, LRN 2 Sp3LL. No offense. :p

I'm new to terraforum and haven't participated that much on the website, mainly because i don't know how to use it( while i get use to it),but i would like to get some Drosera seeds, currently i have about 200 Drosera typicals seedlings(3 month old seedlings), but i don't mind having more Drosera in my collection!!:), keep me as the last person to want seeds so that other people that don't have typical Drosera or can't afford for them can have them for free!!, and thanks for the free seed give-away!

Back