What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am starting my small collection for CPs, and was hoping I could find a few plants that I could not get a hold of online(they were out of stock!!) I don't have much to trade, but Id thought I'd give it a shot to see where it leads...
I have:
- 30grams of 90% hatch success Brineshrimp eggs( new in a packet and I only have one)
- $25 Gift card to Amazon.com(great if you have Prime account for free shipping)
- $25 Gift card to PetSmart. I won both of these gift card from my Company. Brand new, money value guaranteed.
- Rooted Leaf cuttings of African Violet Rob's vanilla trail, and Pink mint
- Bromeliad Neoregelia Zoe (one plant)
- Bromeliad Cryptanthus(1-se27,1-bivittias major,1-pink starlight,1-snow goose,1-karen,1-carnival de-rio,1-raspberry ice,1-aroura,1-silver streak,1-rainbow).
- White Rabbits foot fern rooted cuttings
- 10 Red Tumbling Tom Tomato Seeds
- 10 Thai Dragon Hot Pepper Seeds(2 sets)
- 1000 Catnip Seeds
- 5 Micro Tom Tomato seeds or I have 5 seedlings(3-4" tall) available
- 10 cuttings of ANACHARIS freshwater stem cuttings(for aquatic turtle tanks)
- Taiwan Moss for freshwater aquarium. I have 3 portions(2"x2")
- Christmas Moss for freshwater aquarium. I have 3 portions(2"x2")
- Fissidens fontanus on small piece of driftwood. 1 portion (2"x2")
- Pellia Monosolenium tenerum, 2 portions mounted on ceramic tile(2"x2")
- Round Pellia (subwassertang). very pretty. 3 portions(2"x2")
- Java moss 3"x3" 1 portion
- 5 freshwater Red Cherry Shrimps mix of female and male( obviously these cannot ship until weather gets warmer; I have about three portions of them. They ship very very well with little plants to hang onto in USPS small flat rate box.

My wish list for either cuttings, leaves, or plants as you see fit:
- Pinguicula 'Pirouette'
- Pinguicula 'Sethos'
- Pinguicula 'Titan'
- Pinguicula jaumavensis
- Pinguicula 'Florian'
- Pinguicula esseriana
- Any variety of Nepenthes ampullaria, and their hybrids
- D. slackii

I will be open for trades when they arrive, or later(if they are too small, or in bad shape). So, drop me PM anytime. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can help ya out with 5 out of 6.

:0o::0o::0o::0o:

your grow list is where I want to be,...... some day

LOL! It took a few years to get there.... and aside from the local Lowes and the like, the collection has come from the generous folks from the plant forum. I have never purchased a plant from an online store.

uh oh..... hey Jim, I think you've already got the P. "Seductora"- see under hybrid on your grow list P. (laueana x emarginata).... argh
actually, I still have opportunity with temperate Pings, so its not all lost

uh oh..... hey Jim, I think you've already got the P. "Seductora"- see under hybrid on your grow list, P. (laueana x emarginata).... argh
actually, I still have opportunity with temperate Pings, so its not all lost

Pinguicula "Seductora" has not yet been registered as a cultivar. Regardless, just because there are hybrid plants with the same parentage it does not follow that they are identical (the same). It certainly does not automatically qualify them to be considered a registered cultivar, nor does it grant them a grex name, as with orchids or Nepenthes. Contrary to misconceptions concerning cultivars, there is not a grex naming system to record hybrid lineage for Pinguicula.

Though, officially, since Pinguicula "Seductora" has not been officially registered as a cultivar, the name can be applied to just about any plant that anyone wishes to use the name on. However, once the name is registered, with published description and photographic standard, only other plants that match the description and standard can be considered that cultivar.

Last edited:
P. laueanea x emarginata is one of my favorites - pretty coloration and easily propagated from leaf cuttings. I find the straight up species to be a challenge but as soon as the more experienced hobbyists have success with crossing them with others, these cultivars are incredibly hardy.

Last edited:
ohh i see- didn't know there were such thing as officially registered cultivar for hybrids, if they are.. then again, what do I know anything about CPs, besides the fact that I LOVE pink :-O, and I want to have anything that is colored pink- pink flowers, pink tinged leaves... etc etc.
so I stand corrected!

Howdy Candice324,
I wasn't trying to give you a difficult time. Just explaining so any others that read this thread also see the explanation.

I know I need some work on my delivery.

it was definably informative to know such things existed, next time around, I will look up the name on ICPS before ordering plants... its too late now as I've ordered a buuuuunch over the past week!

hmm, then I also wonder if the P. esseriana, the giant form(Pink Flw., Ixmianilpan, Hidalgo, BG Linz # 005) is also true...?

I have heard of a large clone/variety of Pinguicula esseriana. I have grown plants labeled as this variety and a few other clones of Pinguicula esseriana. I am still not certain that there are clones with variation in size, as is implied.

I've been able to grow and bloom this species as large plants about 2-1/2" in diameter and smaller plants about one inch in diameter. Both the larger plants and the smaller ones were divisions of the same plants - the only differences were the growing conditions.

Below are some of my plants of this species through the years -->

P_esseriana_large.jpg

P_esseriana_lg_AA1.jpg

P_esseriana_crestate.jpg

Unsure why this is in the trading post section?

That said, what were the growing conditions when the plants were 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter? Thanks

obsidian, see page one of the topic :)
Andrew

OK, sorry. I clicked on the link that said it was unread and didn't realize this was page 2.

obsidian,
Check out the link in my signature or the threads pinned to the top of the Butterwort (Pinguicula) section of the forum. They explain my growing conditions.

*^*^*^
After thinking about it, I realize too that the smaller plants that began blooming, were simply too young to have achieved their full size, yet were still large enough to flower, once conditions were right to induce blooming.

Last edited:
*i am drooling* over your large P. Esseriana....

..........wow.....................:0o:

something about the rosettes and pink colors that always intrigues me!
Another coool plant is P. Primuliflora Rose!

Back