What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watermelon Jenny F1 Hybrid Seed Giveaway

raccoon city

Supporter
I am giving away two watermelon seed packets. They are called "Jenny F1 Hybrid" watermelon seeds. Each packet contains approximately 40 seeds, and the seeds expire in 2012.

Some great info I have found about these seeds is here:
http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/PD/5769/

I actually bought these seeds at a different website (that also has some good info):
http://www.gourmetseed.com/product/WM03/Watermelon_Jenny_F1_Hybrid.html

Here is a photo of one of the seed packets:
seedpacket.jpg

Rules for giveaway:

I will pay for shipping of the seeds, but you must live in the Contiguous United States. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contiguous_United_States)

You must enter the giveaway by 2-25-2011 at 11:59:59 PM PST. Everyone will have a good 4 weeks to enter.

To enter the giveaway, you must reply in this thread the truthful answer to these 3 questions:

1. What will you do with the seeds if you win?
2. What fruits/vegetables have you successfully grown?
3. What plants (of any kind) have you successfully grown from seed?

I will determine your worthiness based on your answers. Please keep your answers to about 1-2 complete sentences long. If you have any questions of your own, you may post them in this thread or you may PM me. I might post any questions asked via PM in this thread.

Everyone that I deem worthy will have an equal chance to win these seeds. I will use a random number generator to choose the two winners on 2-26-2011. The winners will be announced in this thread that same day.
Thank you for participating in my first giveaway.

Hi Thanks for the great giveaway.

1. I will plant them in the spring/summer.

2. Watermelon, Squash, Cucombers, ocra, peas, beans, tomatos, cabbage, lettuce.

3.Venus Fly Traps, Pitcher plants, sunflowers, herbs, Sundews (Gemmea), ocra.

There are also many others it would go on forever so if it's ok with you is this enough info all together?

Good i live in the SOUTH!

There are also many others it would go on forever so if it's ok with you is this enough info all together?

That's plenty of info. I am looking for experienced growers and you definitely have enough experience.

Ok thanks do you want me to pm you my adress now?

eou812, the drawing will take place on 2-26-2011. I don't want anyone to supply me with their address unless they win, and that won't be determined for another 4 weeks. I apologize for not making that clear.

Last edited:
1. I will plant the seeds indoors under lights and transfer outside once the danger of frost has passed. If there are any extras, I'll be more than happy to give away what I don't need.

2. Cucumbers, zucchini, pumpkins, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, snow peas, corn, green beans, and carrots.

3. Drosera, tomatoes, Dionaea, Sarracenia, sunflowers, Lithops, and most of the vegetables listed up there. Hopefully some gourds for instruments and birdhouses. :D

There's nothing more gratifying than growing your own food. :)

Hey everyone. Just a reminder, the drawing will be this Saturday. This super-small-seeded watermelon variety is way easier to grow than "seedless" watermelon. Answer the three questions before Saturday to have a chance to win. This giveaway is not first come, first served. Full set of rules can be found in the first post. :boogie:

1. I will be germinating the entirety of the seeds inside in an appropriate warm, humid container. I will keep an number of germinated plants for myself here at school, and give the rest away to friends and family when it is time to transplant.

2. I've successfully grown several types of beans, cucumbers, lettuces varieties, tomatoes, carrots, etc.
I am currently germinating many types of peppers for the first time!

3. I've grown Dews and Sarrs from seed, as well as the garden plants listed above, as well as many types of flowers for my parents garden at home!

Thanks for this opportunity,
Kyle

That's the spirit! Very nice giveaway you have going. :-D FYI: I sent your sarracenias :)

@SDCPs: Thanks for the compliment; my favorite part of this giveaway was making up the rules. I think my next giveaway will require participants to write carnivorous plant poetry...

@eou812, Clue, & Vbkid: You're all such experienced growers; thanks for entering the drawing. If no one else joins, each of you will have about a 66% of winning.

@everyone else: You don't have to be plant experts to qualify! If you're grown cp's from seed, growing watermelon from seed will be a walk in the park. And if you want these seeds...
You gotta answer those three questions today.

Last edited:
Okay, there are two seed packets and three people signed up. There are only 3 possible combinations of winners.

I have a scientific calculator with a random number function. It will choose a random 3 digit number between 0.001 and 0.999

If the number is 0.333 or smaller, then eou812 & Clue will win.
If the number is larger than 0.333 but smaller than 0.667, then Clue & Vbkid will win.
If the number is 0.667 or larger, then eou812 & Vbkid will win.

And the random number is...

Therefore the winners are...
Clue & Vbkid

I want to thank everyone for participating. I will send a PM to Clue & Vbkid soon. I will probably be doing another giveaway after the winners of this giveaway receive their prizes. It will most likely be a poetry contest for a carnivorous plant DVD that I won in a giveaway back in 2009. I was told back then to "spread the love" and that is why I am doing giveaways. As long as I am having fun, I will continue to do giveaways. I think I have some PC games that came free with my 2010 computer, and I don't need them. The games aren't all that great, but I'm sure someone will be interested. That giveaway will be after the CP DVD giveaway. After that, who knows?

Yeah, you can get crazy on the rules and nobody can say anything about it...you are, after all, GIVING something away (even if you do make people "work" for it.) :-))

Back