What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted: D. filiformis from Florida

Hello friends,

I already have some from Florida, but I'm looking to get seed from some native Florida populations of red filiformis. If any of you can do this would be greatly appreciated and the resulting seed would be well-distributed.

Thank you!

I am waiting for some of my seed to germinate and can give you some seedlings when the time comes... I got them from the ICPS Seedbank and they are native to flordia (Drosera filiformis "Florida All Red"). By the way, your P. gigantea pulling sprouted 3 new plantlets ;) Waiting for the biggest one to get more established before I send it your way.

Phil

I am waiting for some of my seed to germinate and can give you some seedlings when the time comes... I got them from the ICPS Seedbank and they are native to flordia (Drosera filiformis "Florida All Red"). By the way, your P. gigantea pulling sprouted 3 new plantlets ;) Waiting for the biggest one to get more established before I send it your way.

Phil

Oh, so you got some from the ICPS seedbank. I have one important question to ask you though: were they in the donor's section or the regular section. If regular, they might be my seeds :-))

Anyway, I'd like some of those if you don't mind (when they sprout.) Thank you for keeping me in mind! I'm glad to hear the pulling is resulting in plants!

Ha! They probably are your seeds lol I didn't even know there was a donor section... tell me, are the seeds way better?

I'll definitely keep you in mind... I should have a whole army of them shortly.

Ha! They probably are your seeds lol I didn't even know there was a donor section... tell me, are the seeds way better?

I'll definitely keep you in mind... I should have a whole army of them shortly.

How did they come? I know they came in a yellow envelope, but did the seeds come in a white paper rectangular wrapper about 4" by 2" or similar?

If they are my seeds...I don't want the resulting plantlets as I have enough of those. I'm looking for genetic variety. I hope you can understand this, please don't feel offended!

Yep, they sound like yours. No worries, someone telling me they don't want plants from the seed they donated will not offend me :)

Yep, they sound like yours. No worries, someone telling me they don't want plants from the seed they donated will not offend me :)

OK. Just for clarification, you have seeds of D. filiformis "Florida Red" not "Florida All Red" if they are indeed my seeds.

As the other members here may notice, I am still looking for seed. Seed collected from several different plants in a native Florida site with red filiformis would be ideal. Or, seed from plants in cultivation from a native site. I realize that this would take place later in the year and am just trying to find someone who is able to do this for me...I don't live in Florida.

Any "Florida All Red" seed would be appreciated also.

Thank you!

I live in Florida and would be interested in getting some Florida Red as well... can I just go out and find some during a certain time of the year? If so where would I look? If I find some I could send some your way. :)

Probably during Spring/Summer/Fall mainly Spring/Summer but what part of Florida do you live in?

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Also unless you live in one of these counties you wont find any Coulhoun county, Coastal bay, washington county so if you don't live in any of these countys then you wont find any where you live.

I live in Florida and would be interested in getting some Florida Red as well... can I just go out and find some during a certain time of the year? If so where would I look? If I find some I could send some your way. :)

The plants (at least my cultivate ones) flower continuously from spring onward, so there should be no trouble getting seed once you find a population.

I would be welcome ~ 500 seeds...if that is possible...to give this population a good chance against my current Florida Red. That's about 3-5 flower stalks.

Back