What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted - computer video cables (DVI, VGA)

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
I need to connect my computer on one side of a room to a monitor on the other side. I have lots of cables and connectors, but not quite the right combination for what I want to do. I need about 15 feet of VGA cable, or DVI-I (see below to tell if your cable is the right flavor of DVI for what I'm looking for.)
181px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

I need one of the first two; DVI-I, single- or dual-link. If it doesn't have the four clock pins on the right side, I can't use it. If it has a pin shaped like a plus sign on the right side instead of the long one shaped like a minus sign, I can't use it. VGA could also work, but if it isn't 15+ feet long, I probably can't use it.
I'm also looking for shorter lengths of cable with male-to-female connectors - IE a cable extender, something that plugs into a DVI/VGA socket on one end and another cable on the other end. Or female-to-female couplers for linking multiple cables.
I've got plenty goodies to trade - rooted Nep cuttings, and there's enough time in the off season remaining to divide my Sarracenia. Help! I don't want to pay $50 just so my desk can be set up neatly.
~Joe

I may be able to help you out.. gimme a couple days to rummage through some moving boxes.

Sorry dude, I only have 2 dvi-d single cables. I have 2 new VGA cables... but not that long.

Good luck!

Yeah, I've got lots of DVI-D. :(
mass: No worries, I've got all the time in the world... :p
~Joe

Yeah, I've got lots of DVI-D. :(
mass: No worries, I've got all the time in the world... :p
~Joe

I've converted everything to HDMI.. so I know my old cables are around here somewhere.

Hehe, I'm a connoisseur of slightly dated technologies.
~Joe

Back