What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rock swap.......

winter is dragging on and im itching to do some trading but any plant sent to or from here will likely freeze solid......so anyone interested in swapping mineral specimens, fossils, precious/semiprecious gemstones?

here is some of what i have:
IMG_1127.jpg

starting at 1 o'clock is Montana sapphire rough from the Phillipsburg mine, an 8x6mm cut peridot, a .7 carat 6mm cut citrine, 1 carat dark blue/black cut sapphire, 2mm cut emeralds and a 6x4mm iolite.....none of these stones are worth much, either cause they dont have alot of value due to being a common stone or in the case of the cut sapphire and emeralds the color is wrong or they are included which makes them not worth much......but hey you can say you have some emeralds......

the sapphire rough may or may not be exactly whats for trade, ive got several hundred carats of it and its in one container, if yah want specific colors i can see what i can do to help yah out but the sapphires from that mine are light in color, light blues and greens, pinks yellows and oranges....they also have inclusions of titanium needles which is common for saphires out of that mine and disappear with heat treating which is also standard practice for "fancy" sapphires.....

im open to most any offers.....

I apologize for crappy photo quality, but here is my collection:
gems.jpg

Umm, ask for what each stone is, there's a lot there to list. Do you have anything else you are wanting to trade, or do you just have those stones pictured?

my personal preference is towards blue and green stones though i dont have a ruby of any size or quality yet......

also have a few faceted blue topaz and amethyst aswell that are pretty good stones just not valuable due to them being common......may have a smaller faceted tanzenite thats heavily included.....

Back