What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera capensis/Drosera nidiformis seeds for SASE

Received my seeds today, thank you so much!

Jeremy

If you're still doing this, I'll take the capensis offer

ok, just send me a stamp or sase. my address is in the first post. i still have plenty of cape seeds left.

i still have three packets of nidiformis. i believe zacher, vbkid and chezilla still need to send their envelopes!

heres a fun picture of my nidiformis from last year. theyre twice as big now!

IMG_3230.jpg

On it's way!

D. capensis:

1 Jayson16
2 zlookup
3 eou812
4 theyellowdart
5 Syllius

D. nidiformis
1 Rapidan
2 Jayson16
3 Joseph Clemens
4 zlookup
5 eou812
6 zacher93
7vbkid
8Dionae
9 Chezilla Thanks!

Woot! I've had a really great encounter with this plant, hoping I can propagate it from seed..

i have plenty of narrowleaf capensis seed left and two packets of nidiformis up for trade

D. capensis:

1 Jayson16
2 zlookup
3 eou812
4 theyellowdart
5 Syllius
6jayson16

D. nidiformis
1 Rapidan
2 Jayson16
3 Joseph Clemens
4 zlookup
5 eou812
6 zacher93
7 Dionae

Thanks!

Just received today, much appreciation, Sir!

Dan

cool. enjoy!

just to let everyone know, the nidiformis seeds are all gone now but i still have lots of capensis narrow leaf seeds

_5639.jpg

D. capensis:

1 Jayson16
2 zlookup
3 eou812
4 theyellowdart
5 Syllius
6 EdaxFlamma

D. nidiformis
1 Rapidan
2 Jayson16
3 Joseph Clemens
4 zlookup
5 eou812
6 zacher93
7vbkid
8Dionae
9 Chezilla Thanks!

I've got a bunch of kids that I'm introducing to CP's and want to start them off with something easy. This is great! :)

Thanks!
-J.P.

hey how many kids are you talking about? i have at least ten extra packs. maybe they could each get their own?

How many seeds do you think are in a pack? I sincerely appreciate the offer but I don't want to use up all your seed! I've got maybe 10-12 school kids I'll be doing the presentation for. My plan was to have them fill a pot each with peat perlite mix, water, and then sprinkle them with D.capensis seeds while I talked. Whatever amount you think might work for that or are willing to give would be great.

I'll get my SASE out before the weekend and thanks again!!

theres at least 100 seeds in each packet. dont worry about me running out since my plants are always blooming. ill send you what i can and you could divide it evenly between your students. after all, its easier to see hundreds of seeds germinating at once than just a few. i wouldnt want them feeling dissapointed when all they see is a couple of green specks!

ill do another giveaway after my next batch of flowers matures in about a month. these ones have been in the fridge for a couple months and i should give them away before they expire

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

p.s. if you give me your address i can send them to you either today or tomorrow

Im from Canada but if I sent you a SASE would you be able to send then up here?

Thanks,

Andrew

sorry, no. i would need a permit.

Ahh bummer. I wasn't sure about seeds.

Got my seeds in the mail today. Thanks again! I'll let you know how they come along.

Out of curiosity, any got any germination yet? I'm still looking at a whole lotta dirt :p

I have a pot full of little nidiformis, even have em out of a humidity dome and they are acclimating quite nicely!

maybe they got too hot at some point? theyve never failed to sprout for me...

Well poo. That's what I was afraid of. The ac in my office died over a weekend and it probably got into the upper 90's, maybe higher in their humidity dome, for at least a couple days. What a shame. Sorry to kill your seeds :(

If you still have some of the D. capensis seed left I would like to take you up on the offer. I had a pack in the fridge from my last harvest, but they are almost 5 years old and Im not getting any germination on them :-(

Thanks,
Steve

my capensis are blooming again. i should have more seed within a few weeks. i dont think the nidiformis will be blooming anytime soon. i had such a dense clump of them i ripped it apart to transplant the big ones and experiment on the little ones hahaha

Back