What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes sanguinea "Orange" giveaway & trade

I am going to say Haplopelma lividum. Only because I want one of those myself....:)

That was actually my 2nd tarantula ever.. but no. They are really cool, but it's pretty much like owning a pet hole in the ground.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Theraphosa blondi

That was actually my 2nd most wanted tarantula my first year in. And the 5th tarantula I ever owned.

Avicularia fasciculata?

Avicularia fasciculata?

Was not yet discovered when I was in my first year in the hobby 11 years ago.. sorry, but INCORRECT! lol

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Ah...why not?.......Heteroscodra maculata.

Ornithoctonus huwena

Ah...why not?.......Heteroscodra maculata.

hahah.. couldn't take it huh? Way too common for my high end dreams, so INCORRECT!!

HOWEVER, I think they are REALLY cool.. so I've always kept 10 or so in my collection. And being the 2nd most venomous tarantula in the world, it's a must have.

http://massmorels.com/images/Tarantulas/H.maculata/H.maculata.html

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Ornithoctonus huwena

To bring you up to speed it's a tarantula I have indeed owned.. The list is on my website: www.massmorels.com

Feel free to re-guess..

last WAG
Eucratascelus pachypus

last WAG
Eucratascelus pachypus

you are entitled to a re-re-guess.. your guessing something I've owned before and wanted more than anything my first year in the hobby. And, like I stated prior, the answer is one of the tarantulas found on my website.

ok here is my guess

Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli

ok here is my guess

Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli

Good guess.. It's one of the "select" few I've kept in my elite collection over the past couple of years. But this tarantula was not available in the United States until about 6 or 7 years ago. We're looking more for 11 years back.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

I will reopen today's guesses for everyone so I can get this last cutting gone..

AND HERE'S A HINT!!

It's a new world tarantula.. Guess away EVERYONE and ANYONE!

Avicularia fasciculata nowadays AKA Avicularia diversipes would be my guess. A nice one.

Avicularia fasciculata nowadays AKA Avicularia diversipes would be my guess. A nice one.

already guessed.. and was undiscovered 11 years ago during my first year in the hobby. Feel free to guess again.

That's Ok, I just like that spider! :D

I don't have room for an N. sanguinea so if I had won it would have had to go to someone else anyway! LOL

That's Ok, I just like that spider! :D

I don't have room for an N. sanguinea so if I had won it would have had to go to someone else anyway! LOL

So be it.. Give it to someone else if you win. That's what Mike did..

Grammostolia rosea. :)

Grammostolia rosea. :)

Now your just being silly.. Your guessing what "New World" tarantula I wanted more than any other tarantula my first year in the hobby. And we already ruled out the Brachypelma family all together.

I never knew there were so many Tarantula species. It is starting to fascinate me!

I never knew there were so many Tarantula species. It is starting to fascinate me!

and the one's on my site are just the one's I've owned. There's literally HUNDREDS of species out there..

Back