What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora neblinae (Wistuba)

I would like the chance to try one.....I have the conditions and have been very successful with helis so far.

Awesome plants by the way...I've never seen such nice helis in cultivation before. :0o:

Wow!
Only Butch could make an offer like this!
I would certainly be interested!
As far as kindness is concerned...
I will have to send you my car or wife or something.....MMmmmm...
which to send however!
:-))

Take care!
Great opportunity!
(Also good to see you around of late!)

Any Left? Id like to add a heli to my collection

ummm Ron, is that an expression of interest?
Uhhh - no - Just an expression of admiration for a interesting follow-on to Thez thread for the folks of Terra to chew on ... :jester:

Not that I didn't ponder the possibility, mind you. However, between my own clusters of tank-filling divisions and recent acquisitions, I think I have plenty on which to gnaw... (were it a parva however ...) :awesome:

Of my recent divisions, many ended up also being 'rootless' and some of those have outgrown their brethren that started with roots - go figure!

Hopefully, we'll soon see an announcement concerning the timing on the upcoming NASC auction as well as the beneficiary - I've got piles of goodies that I plan to be offering this year .... :0o:

Zu,

Here ya go....
neblinae4zu.jpg

Ron, some species divide easily.... yet some seem to have one central root mass and refuse to divide with any root intact.
Definite species specific trait IMHO

I dont know if Im going to have anything "special" this year in the auction, we'll just have to see over the next couple weeks what is in play.
I *may* have an adult sarraceniodes division (teaser LOL)

(pls overlook the broken pitcher, she was a pita to get unpotted)

(nice to be back Paul, and thank you for the christmas surprise.... it was most appreciated old friend)

exo: thanks mate.... they arent difficult when certain conditions are met
rball: dunno, but it would appear no

btw, i loveeeeeeee my new flash :)

Av

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Its safe to say the offer is closed.... there has been more then enough interested parties at this point. Winning parties should expect PM's no later then tomorrow as some have yet to confirm...
Being rootless I need to ship Monday, they will soak in a trichoderma brew till then.

I highly recommend rooting in live sphag with them buried sorta deep. Also keep a weak fert mix in the pitchers. Bagging till new growth is observed is also a good idea.... some say my helis are tender so acclimate slowly and watch for signs of desiccation. It can happen in less then a day. Once established I would recommend a more typical heli soil mix.

Av

Last edited:
That's what I get for taking a nap.

If by some chance there is one available. I would love one to add to my heli collection.

Thanks, she's a beaut :drool:

Ron, some species divide easily.... yet some seem to have one central root mass and refuse to divide with any root intact.
Definite species specific trait IMHO
I remember that you mentioned this distinction between minor & pulchella. Pulchella was easier to divide and keep the division with a root or 2. The H. minor - not so.

My Heli's have been left alone for over a year iirc and I was amazed at the masses of roots they generated. Sadly, much of that mass originated from one point on some plants - so even though there were lots of roots, there were none for new divisions. Go figure!

Also keep a weak fert mix in the pitchers.
This has been something that I've been doing and it apparently helps / works great - and not just with new divisions. I've figured that their pitchers likely stay filled with fluid on the tepuis, so why not in my tanks?

.... some say my helis are tender so acclimate slowly and watch for signs of desiccation. It can happen in less then a day.
The only Heli's to give me any issue in over a year were the 'bombproof' hybrids from the 'sun-master'. I thought my quarantine tank was humid - apparently not enough .... :blush:

Man i went capming to have fun and Man i missed another good deal/giveaway!

Since I can't get my current heli to grow right i wouldn't enter for this, but a big thanks to Butch for making this happen. And, best of growing to the recipients.

Aww, shoot... I just missed this one, huh? Haha

Back