What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora neblinae (Wistuba)

Small handful of unrooted divisions, adult pitchers... the sides of the pot were bulging out so I did a little trim work.

Free to good home, just cover shipping...

However, priority will be given to those who have been kind to me in the past... other then that, first come..... its only fair.

Here is momma:
neblinae.jpg

Personally, I have a 90% success rate with unrooted cuttings, but it does take a little effort and the right conditions. However, no guarantees expressed or implied... your mileage may vary

Please do not speak up if you cannot provide both.

Expected shipping cost <7.00USD

USA only pls

I'm not on the "Been kind to you before list" as I am pretty new here. But I will take dibs if I can and have the conditions!
You are most kind sir.

I'm up to the challenge..

I'm not sure if you're offering only one or more than one since you said 'divisions', but just to be safe I will put my name up for consideration. I can provide both effort and the right conditions.

Is it the "red" clone from Cerro Neblina or just run-of-the-mill? I can't tell with you and your lighting :p

Last edited by a moderator:
its an older wistuba clone, I'm not sure.... but I don't think this is any of the current clone line he offers

(referring back to a conversation Ive had with Fernando concerning the various Wistuba clone lines)
Zu, this clone came from the guy you just asked me about ;-)

so run of the millish, sorta but not quite....
heirloom clone might be a good description

ummm Ron, is that an expression of interest?

Raven, I had originally intended to just ship them to one person, but I think there are 3 that have some rhizome.... so i can split into three offerings easy enough

no worries

i would be honored if i could give one a home.

One definitely gone to Kula
(and I believe I owe you shipping)

Ill stop taking inquiries at 24:00GMT

its an older wistuba clone, I'm not sure.... but I don't think this is any of the current clone line he offers

(referring back to a conversation Ive had with Fernando concerning the various Wistuba clone lines)
Zu, this clone came from the guy you just asked me about ;-)

so run of the millish, sorta but not quite....
heirloom clone might be a good description

Well show us proper pics of it then! :p

ummm what do you want?..... isnt that pic proper?

me corn-fused

ummm what do you want?..... isnt that pic proper?

me corn-fused

Well a whole pitcher and not just the tops and nectar spoons :3

way to go thez.. you corn-fused the man. Now if that fuse get's sparked his corn will explode. No good.. Popcorn everywhere!

Zu,

2:00 from the sarraceniodes

sarra.jpg

So the one circled in blue or green? (BTW omg I can use green on your helis and it shows up? Jeez your plants are an unbelievable color!! :0o:)

sarra.jpg

Blue :p

and for further study on the subject:
Recently I posted this question to the members of the CP listserv. There was some excellent (and not so excellent LOL) responses. Including some from individuals with first hand experiences and observations (e.g., F. Rivadavia, A. Fleischman)

The thread has now been (officially?) archived for open viewing

http://answerpot.com/showthread.php?566247-H.%20tatei%20or%20H.%20neblinae?%20that%20is%20the%20question

Enjoy,
Av

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

BTW, there is one last entry from Fleischman missing form the archive. He later confirms Fernando's statement about getting the north and south mixed up in regards to the earlier expeditions.

Av

Now, a caveat... there is also the school of thought that holds to the original descriptions as gospel
Here are those if you arent confused enough :p

http://bluegrasscarnivores.com/research1/gleason.pdf
http://bluegrasscarnivores.com/research1/MacGuire.pdf

Oooooh I want it! But I only recently seem to have turned around my bad luck with Heliamphora, so I might not be the best parent... yet. :D
Nice plant Butch - this is a very generous offering.
~Joe

Blue :p

and for further study on the subject:

Now, a caveat... there is also the school of thought that holds to the original descriptions as gospel
Here are those if you arent confused enough :p

http://bluegrasscarnivores.com/research1/gleason.pdf
http://bluegrasscarnivores.com/research1/MacGuire.pdf

Ok, so you still haven't shown a picture of the *whole* pitchers because this one's hiding behind other plants again. Does it have a large rump or something that you're hiding it? :jester:

Thank you for such a great opportunity, even if it isnt I who is selected. I have never grown Heliamphora before. Just never got around to getting one, but I can provide proper conditions, and will definitely provide the t.l.c. it deserves. Thanks again.

Back