What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do not send

Now that's cool Scot! I've often thought about sending something to log that.. just to random locations lol neat to see, and yes- somewhat scary!
Andrew

a "ship-at-your-own-risk" policy should have been implemented. if the shipper feels that the weather is not favorable and the receiver INSISTS on receiving their package, the shipper should be free of the responsibility of the plants status upon arrival. i see that as fair...what isnt fair is if the plants arrive dead, and the shipper needs to replace them, EVEN THOUGH THEY STRONGLY ADVISED NOT TO SHIP IN THE FIRST PLACE.... :p.

Why would anyone want that? why would anyone insist it be shipped?
that makes no sense..you cant wait a few weeks to get a live plant?

If I was shipping CPs, and the receiver INSISTED, I would say "too bad, get over it, im not killing a plant because you are too impatient"..

actually, if someone insisted, I would refuse to ship to them, ever, and would withdraw the offer, because they obviously aren't a responsible CP owner and grower..

Scot

Nobody bite my head off, but it IS JUST A PLANT. Not an animal. It haas no feeling or emotion. Unless it is something that needs to be conserved if a buyer wants to wave his live plant guarantee for instant gratification I say let him do so. Less work for you. That said!!!!, I feel that the seller should make it very very clear that there is a danger involved, and not try to trick people in any way or mislead them.

I am very sorry, but temps are not making it into the 30's. I will add plants to your box to make up for the wait.

Highs in the thirtys will harm North American CPS?

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

I'm with Doomsday.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Well i guy i bought a plant from did it and the post office called me up saying they had it and it said do not freeze on it and it was fine IT HAD NOT BEEN FROZEN AND! IT WAS A NEPENTHES AND IT WAS FROM Or.

Why would anyone want that? why would anyone insist it be shipped?
that makes no sense..you cant wait a few weeks to get a live plant?

If I was shipping CPs, and the receiver INSISTED, I would say "too bad, get over it, im not killing a plant because you are too impatient"..

actually, if someone insisted, I would refuse to ship to them, ever, and would withdraw the offer, because they obviously aren't a responsible CP owner and grower..

Scot

You, sir, are :crazy: in this particular regard.

You, sir, are :crazy: in this particular regard.

nope..not at all.
if you cant be bothered to take proper care of a plant, or CARE about its proper care,
why should I send you one? sorry, but I have no respect for irresponsible people..

People might want to think twice about sending plants to SDPS, Doomsday and eou812.
IMO they are not worthy.

Scot

Hahahahaha i love it!!!!

I've never understood the impatience.
I mean, it's exciting and awesome to get a plant, sure, but if you really want that plant... wouldn't you rather it arrive safe than dead? Plus, you know you'll be getting the plant anyhow, no matter how long you wait.
If you insist on having something shipped and it arrives super stressed or dead, don't expect a refund or replacement, because that's just silly.

Now that's cool Scot! I've often thought about sending something to log that.. just to random locations lol neat to see, and yes- somewhat scary!
Andrew

thanks!
yeah, its pretty interesting, and telling, data.
I have 4 months of data like that, HEAVY temp swings from the US mail..
I dont think they pay any attention to temperature control at all..its just not a factor in their business model..

Scot

nope..not at all.
if you cant be bothered to take proper care of a plant, or CARE about its proper care,
why should I send you one? sorry, but I have no respect for irresponsible people..

People might want to think twice about sending plants to SDPS, Doomsday and eou812.
IMO they are not worthy.

Scot

LOL Don't judge so quickly buddy. If you knew me, heck if you even ask anyone here or on ftc they would tell you that i am always on soaking up knowledge like an sponge.. I am not going to debate my growing prowess though its pointless, but If i tell someone that the plant they paid me for has a good chance of arriving as a brick of ice and they say they dont care then so be it.

It's a lost cause Scotty..

Let's just leave this debate with.. To each their own, and let the traders work it out between themselves.

Let's just leave this debate with.. To each their own, and let the traders work it out between themselves.

:clap:

yeah, ok..you are probably right.
Im just confused as to why some people seem to be taking the side that it IS ok to ship plants when its well below freezing? thats just a very strange opinion to hold..assuming you enjoy CP's and actually want to grow them...very bizarre.. ???

I can only conclude they simply must be newbies who simply dont know any better yet..
hopefully this thread can actually educate the less stubborn ones..if not, experience eventually will..

Scot

I have just one more thing to say N A CP can withstand temps well into the teens and single digits. I have left them alone in those temps and they are still alive and awaking from dormancy and we live in a warmer climate than where most of them are native to. I am threw with this thread unless i get humiliated.

Man this thread started out with such good intentions!

Eou - You add nothing to the argument but ignorance.

Isn't it past your bedtime?

Ahem.....may we let this thread die with at least a little dignity peeps?

You don't know me i don't go to bed untill 4-5 even during the week.

Back