What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goji Berry Plants

OK, I really don't know if this will generate any responses or not, but I figured I would try it out. I have a couple small goji bushes that I might be looking to trade out. Some are from seed, some are off of the mother plant. Generally they say it will be 3 years from seed before you will get fruit. Anyway, I jsut wanted to see what this might generate.

I'm mostly looking for HL/intermediate nepenthes, drosera, sarracenia, cephalotus, or even some very hearty utricularia... hmmm, looks like I'll basically consider anything!

-Isaac

Do you have any pics:)?

Do you want current dormant pictures or do you want picture from when they were growing?

I would like pics from when they were growing.

Both if you don't mind:).

I don't think I have pictures of them from when they were growing... LOL I guess I don't take pictures of my "normal" plants. Just like I don't have pictures of my raspberries or strawberries... I'll keep looking though.

I took some pictures of what they look like today, though they don't look amazing as my world is grey today.

ok, I went a little crazy with the arrows in this picture... hope they help rather than hinder. ;)
this is from seed. This will be its 3rd year and it *should* give fruit this year, though not a lot.
1.jpg

this is from the mother plant. First year they look like a stick, second they start really branching out.
2.jpg

also from the mother plant.
3.jpg

this is the mother plant, it is not for trade, I jsut want to show you what they will look like in a couple years.
4.jpg

this is one of this year seedlings, just sprouted.
5.jpg

Last year's seed-grown plants pictures on request.

Last edited:
I've never taken pics of my strawberries either. Dont go out of your way. Just post what you can:).

Looked up pics online. Its a very beautiful plant.

How extreme are your Winters there and what sort of conditions are your plants growing in as far as watering, light exposure, Summer temps, etc?

Ok, these are very hardy plants.

temps-
They can take mild dormancy or harsh winters. I have mine outside (obviously from the pic) in the summer we have temps in the 90sF with some few days in the 100s. In the winter we have about a month with temperatures in the teens and twenties with night temps near or sometimes below 0F. I have heard that they can withstand much colder winters too.

water
They like water... LOL. The first year that I got fruit I gave them a heavy watering 1 or 2 times per week. Then I read they like more of drought conditions. Last year I watered them about 1 time every 1-2 weeks and they did great! So I'm going to be lazy with watering this year.

sun
I give them LOTS of sun. Direct, full sun. As long as it gets a lot of sun though it should do fine.

By the way, you can also use the leaves in salad. I did that while I was waiting for berries.

Back