What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes glabrata for trade

Hey everyone! I'm here to say I have my Nepenthes glabrata plant for trade. Very sad moment for me right now because it is by far my favorite species of the entire genus. I just can't provide this plant with the temperatures it wants, the temperatures it needs. I am placing my beloved plant for trade now, hopefully it will go to someone with a lot more experience than me, someone with the proper set up so this plant can thrive and grow so he can one day trade and give away cuttings, just like how I intended it when I first bought this plant a year ago. If I can't continue this dream, I'm sure some one else can.

Here is the plant itself last year, outside, Spring 2010. I had it for a couple of weeks and it was growing "great", pretty sure it didn't like it but it looked happy and I was too. :)
100_3472.jpg

Here it is, Spring 2011. It isn't happy and neither am I.
013-2.jpg

I am looking for
-any Lowland/Intermediate Nepenthes
-Nepenthes belii *especially this one
-Drosera x hybrida
-Drosera x beleziana
-Drosera x obovata 'Ivan's Paddle'
-Sarracenia flava var. rubricorpora with red body, with light coloured lid. Something like this.
-look at Want List in Grow/Want List in signature

This is probably a long shot, but if possible
-Sarracenia 'Alucard'
-Sarracenia ''White Knight''
-Sarracenia 'Reptilian Rose'

Thanks so much. :)

Last edited:
Oh lime..i'm sorry it has come to you having to trade it, and sory too that I have nothing you want to offer for it.

Not to discourage your potential trade, but do you have a small cooler?

You can put ice in the bottom of a cooler with a little water to give a small group of plants the required temp drop it needs. I do this for my highland and heli's in the dog days of summer when outside temps are in the 70's at night and I can't get them the temp drop they need using any other method. It helps if you have a thermometer with min and max settings so you can play with how much ice and water you need.

Use empty pots to prop them above the ice water line of course.

Just a thought in the event you truly would like to continue growing this species for a while longer.

Not to discourage your potential trade, but do you have a small cooler?

You can put ice in the bottom of a cooler with a little water to give a small group of plants the required temp drop it needs. I do this for my highland and heli's in the dog days of summer when outside temps are in the 70's at night and I can't get them the temp drop they need using any other method. It helps if you have a thermometer with min and max settings so you can play with how much ice and water you need.

Use empty pots to prop them above the ice water line of course.

Just a thought in the event you truly would like to continue growing this species for a while longer.

I've tried doing that for months, nothing special ever happened. The plant even worsened a bit in condition, thus I am trading it because from the looks of things I can't do much else.

OK then. Just a thought. One you have already tried.

Plant has been claimed, thanks so much everyone. :)

Back