What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venus Flytrap pollen WANTED could trade for a SASE

Anyone have any Venus Flytrap pollen to spare or trade? I am looking for a 50/50 trade. I switch my pollen and you switch your pollen. I would like another kind of pollen than typical. But if that is what you only have (typical Venus flytrap pollen) then i will take it. I would like half of the seeds and i would give you half of my seeds.

Thanks, oh one more thing you can contact me by posting on here, PM me, or e-mail me.

Ean.

P.S. If i am doing or saying any thing i said wrong then please tell me. :)

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

I forgot to mention that i want some because my VFT if about to flower. So it would have to be within this month of trading or whatever.

Isn't VFT biotic self-pollinating?

They are but you get more seeds and i would like to get a cultivar.

Last edited:
I know but i want a cultivar and i want more seeds like it says in the second link.

I know but i want a cultivar and i want more seeds like it says in the second link.

Cultivars are random mutations :) put your plant into a pot that contains uranium glass or just surround your plants with cat liter (contains naturally occurring radionuclides). This way you will induce mutation due to ionazing radiation and will have more chance :) Hehe just kidding. Well maybe not http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/consumer products/consumer.htm

Anyone have any Venus Flytrap pollen to spare or trade? I am looking for a 50/50 trade. I switch my pollen and you switch your pollen. I would like another kind of pollen than typical. But if that is what you only have (typical Venus flytrap pollen) then i will take it. I would like half of the seeds and i would give you half of my seeds.

Thanks, oh one more thing you can contact me by posting on here, PM me, or e-mail me.

Ean.

P.S. If i am doing or saying any thing i said wrong then please tell me. :)

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

I forgot to mention that i want some because my VFT if about to flower. So it would have to be within this month of trading or whatever.

It doesn't work that way. VFT cultivars don't usually pass their traits on in their pollen, so a "non-typical" VFT's pollen probably wouldn't pass on any trait warranting cultivar status.

Last edited:
Clue i think he is saying he wants to make a cultivar, which the odds are even more astronomically against him on that IMO... since a good chunk of cultivars dont even deserve to be cultivars IMO

Back