What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventrata give away.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Ok this astonishes me. I had another mini giveaway on my ventrata thread and NO ONE REPLIED!!!! Are people getting slack today to not check on an older post? Wow. A lot of things have changed here in the past two years. ATM doesn't have that same old school feel it once had when I was here before. Ok so here we go.

I still have 4 boxes ready to be shipped out the door of ventrata cuttings. I need 4 newbies or even oldies who want a cutting. Need it paypaled so I can print a shipping label. It is cheaper than buying at the post office and delivery confirmation is free when printed on paypal for priority. These cuttings will not last till Monday in the boxes so want to ship today! I need 4 willing peeps.

Paying it forward to people so they can turn around and keep it going! Come on lets restore the good nature the CP community was known for when I was here before.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Just have to add I do need shipping of $5.50 to paypal for the cuttigns. :)

People probably saw a picture of your monstrously huge N.ventrata and got scared. I am scared myself since that hybrid seems to grow fast and big and my space is limited :) But I'm giving it a shot anyway. This will be my first Nepenthes :) Thank you!

JB was the first person to give me plants when I joined TF, I just kept opening bags LOL

They simply dont get any better then this guy

:hail:

got your cutting today in the mail. Thanks again. Are the short leaves part of the same plant as the lead cutting? What exactly is a back cutting ?

Yes. I cut the leaves in half to save moisture loss. Back cutting means the plant must start growing from a dormant node unlike the lead cutting that already has a growth point. I like to send two cuttings when possible to give better odds of a take. Both cuttings are ventrata. Had there been more than one kind in the box rest assured with my OCD self they would have been labeled. I am not fond oh NoID plants.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Back cuttings are cool in the fact that sometimes 2 nodes start and gives you a plant with 2 growth point off the bat.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Thanks Butch for the kind words. I didn't realize I was the 1st to hive you plants. That is awesome! And here you are growing some great plants now yourself!

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Btw still have 4 boxes ready to go. I know they have been boxed a while now. If interested let me know. I can't go cheaper than free though.

JB,

If you mail one box on Tuesday (if you will have time that is) will it survive the trip to Philadelphia?

Thank you.

Back