What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini cacti in bottles

Sig

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes
You may have seen these guys on thinkgeek as the mini pet cactus. I bought one two years ago, and she was great! I named her fluffy, wore her around my neck, and brought her everywhere with me...

But alas, life is such a fragile thing, and before I knew it, the love of my life had been wrenched away from me and into the cruel hands of death. In my perpetual grief I searched for someone like her, in vain: Thinkgeek had stopped selling cacti in soil and only in gel, a twisted mockery of the real thing. Though crushed, I never gave up, and have been looking for a replacement ever since.

And a month ago I finally found them. I had to order them from china, but it was worth it. I'm super happy, but to make a long story short... I kinda bought six of them. Yeah, I know, but I've been looking for them for a while, so I went nuts. I have a few extra:

I'd like to let go of 2-3 of these guys. I'm pretty sure even the colored ones are soil, but I'm not 100% positive. These WILL slowly grow inside the bottle, and you do have to water them every month or so. If it outgrows the container, you can unscrew the bottom and grow it separately.

I wear fluffy junior on the zipper of my jacket:

I'd like to trade for any kinds of Vfts, cephs, or neps. Small ones are fine, and I'm pretty open to most offers (after all, what I'm trading is a miniature!). I'm also willing to pay for your shipping costs if you have a nice offer.

Thanks, happy growing!

Edit: Giveaway time! Guess my favorite number and YOU win a cactus with shipping!

Last edited:
hold me im waiting for my dorsera deilnisia seeds to sprout. when they have flowers i'll harvest the seeds and if you want w can trade ,')

GIVEAWAY TIME! Cause I don't see much interest I'll send one of these guys shipping included to the winner of this contest:

Guess my favorite number (anywhere from -10 billion to 10 billion). Whoever is closest wins!

Lol, so 20 billion numbers to choose from? -43298

six
three
two
???

I'm gonna end this now cause, again, I still don't see much interest (and the number guessing wasn't that much fun in the end).

The answer was Pi, so halt was closest (Lin's guess of three wasn't the first one on the list, so not included, sorry). I'll ship it out tomorrow.

Happy growing!

Back