What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fresh U. asplundii seeds for trade

I have been pollinating two plants of U. asplundii (from same location) for the past few weeks and with some luck will have seed in the near future. I am mostly looking for fresh seeds of U. quelchii but will consider other Orchidioides as well. Seeds with location info will have priority. I will also consider offers from growers who 'expect' to have seeds within the next 6 months (or so).

U. asplundii, Chiwinda, Ecuador

One of the two plants (long lobes - dark center):
Uasplundii052311RS.jpg

Interestingly, although both plants are from the same location, they have very different flowers.
Uasplundiiflowercomparison061711RScrop.jpg

If interested, please contact me via email:
Emailaddressasimage.jpg

I can ship worldwide (as long as you can legally receive the seeds).
I have a USA permit to receive plants & seeds from other countries.
I am posting now - in anticipation of having seeds, since they reportedly have a short shelf life. However, this also means that there is a chance that I get no seeds & no trade will occur. :headwall: :sorry: (although I have pollinated more than 25 flowers so far - "knocks on wood')
No sales (I won't respond to offers to purchase)

An old thread I know, but does anyone have any tips on germination of U. asplundii seeds?

Appropos of nothing other than the name, there was several years ago a tree trimming co. operating in my old neighborhood with the name Asplundii. Right under their noses, someone took a BIG piece of equipment. They hastily made a bulletin board out of a sheet of plywood and offered a reward of from 1K to 5K depending upon wether it was an employee of their co. or the local utility. I guess they did not consider it might have been someone passing thru, or an otherwise likewise opportunist. It disappeared after a couple of days. Also, in my neighborhood a contractor was (two months ago) doing a large sewer/water line repair and left a large backhoe unattended. Surprise! Someone came up, loaded it onto a trailer in the dark of night and drove off to their escape helicopter, or more likely to Mexico. Or a repaint shop, or??

Back