What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alright, so in a spur of the moment thing, i decided to divide my seedgrown S. purpurea subsp. venosa var. montana and ended up with a few accidental divisions.....
So here is your chance to own probably one of the most beautiful Sarracenia varieties, and dont just stop at the purpurea, i have another for trade as well, this will probably generate the fastest hits..

There are 2 good sized divisions available, and 2 small starts that happened to pop off with them, chances are ill send one of the starts with one of the good sized divisions, or if the trade is convincing enough, may get all 4 of the plants, though i cannot guarantee the starts will survive, they are seedling sized but have roots.....

Sarracenia purpurea subsp. venosa var. montana Jerry Addington
division 1
June2011262.jpg

division 2
June2011263.jpg

one of the starts, nothing special but like i said will probably be a freebie in one way or another, the other is about the same size
June2011264.jpg

The mother plant (this one is staying with me :p)
June2011267.jpg

Now, the other Sarr im offering
is a division of an S. 'Reptilian Rose' yep, 'Reptilian Rose' i received this plant in a trade last year, and it originally had 2 small growth points but as the person who traded it to me said, its a good clumper.... The division will be made just prior to the trade, i simply am out of pots at this point in time.... Which growth point is cut will depend on the trade, currently im thinking the smaller of the 3 to prevent any more stress on the plant.... but even the smaller one is a decent sized point for having just emerged over the season, and a 4th point is starting...
June2011270.jpg

June2011272.jpg

Now for what I am interested in...
Mainly other rare Sarrs or Sarr varieties, please no offers of the bug series or any funky psittacina hybrids, i hate hybrids of psittacina, I really, really do....
Would really like to obtain a real S. flava var. atropurpurea as the one i obtained a few years ago A. ended up not being the real deal, and B. died over this last winter.... and of course, if i am offered an S. 'Adrian Slack' division, the winner gets the whole deal haha.

PM or post me offers, No decisions will be made over the next couple of days
Thanks
Kris

message sent

DroseraBug, I have not received a message from you...

I have a young S. rosea 'luteola' for a division of each, if you are interested.

Yeah got your email

Woodnative, I've already tracked down a luteola... Thanks anyway

i have a couple of good offers but the trade is still opened!

I've got a true psittacina, and am somewhat interested in the montana. ???

i own psittacina mass, several of them.... i am interested in it if it is golfballensis or an anthocyanin free plant but other than that, i dont need more psittacina...
You already own purp montana though...

That I do, but it's my favorite sarr.. so one can never have too many. That, and since I only have 5 sarrs, one more wouldn't hurt. But no worries.

Back