What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SASE: fresh Nepenthes campanulata x truncata seeds

I will have some freshly harvested N. campanulata x truncata seeds in route this week from pollen that I sent out some months ago. While I plan on keeping some for myself I also would like to find a few extra Nepenthes growers (preferably with a fair amount of experience) to give these a try. Keep in mind I do not know exact seed count but the more I receive, the more they will get spread around. However, priority will go to those that have been more than generous to me in the past with trades. If you are interested please email ( yjrodenas (at) gmail.com with your name/username, PM or reply below in the thread. (Emails will get priority as it is much easier for me to keep track of).

Best of luck to the growers. Seems like it'd be a cool cross.. None for me, just wanted to extend my wish on everyone's best efforts.

E-mailed.

I wonder which parent they'll take after? Petite campy or robust truncata?

Doesn't it usually follow more towards the mother plant? ??? In this case it'd be campy with truncata-ish traits.

Unfortunately, I don't think I qualify as experienced enough. Good luck to those who do, though!

email sent

Sending an email soon

:down: I wish I could sprout seed... can someone please send me some in a year? :hail:

Thanks to all that have already emailed/PMd. My apologies for not responding to all of the inquiries, I have been a bit busy with research hours and studying for Dental school/testing these last few weeks so it's much easier for me to post a single response here. Again I'll try to accommodate as many growers as I can with whatever seeds I receive so stay posted!

Dental school?!
:laaa:
I am also aspiring to be a dentist (although I'm just gonna be a hygienist for now so I can gtfo of my parents' house :lol:)

My themesong! :p

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7LjoeRCM7uc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyways, I'm done spazzing :lol:
This was a way generous offer of you, Yann.
Thank you for sharing ^-^

Emailed! If you have enough. Either way I say good luck to the growers of such a funky cross!

:banana2:

That's great Liz, best of luck to you! Working in the dental field definitely gives you a huge boost! Plus I'm sure getting out of Mom and Pop's house puts a smile on your face. :p
I'm taking my DAT on Thursday and hopefully applying shortly there after. The entire process can described by :laaa::headwall: simultaneously LOL
Two of the schools I plan on applying to are actually in FL.
When I get a chance I'll try to get some shots of the plants that grew from the seed you sent me last year! Thanks again:hail:

Seeds arrived but unfortunately no where near as many as I had hoped. The stalk was rather small and had about 5 pods on it for a total of ~100 seeds. That should make enough for 3 people to get about 20 seeds each. I apologize for not being able to accommodate everyone but as you can imagine there was a lot of interest in these. If you don't get an email back, again I apologize, but should these sprout and grow I'll plan on posting some for grabs in the future.

Back