What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LF VFTs

Hi everyone! I am looking for a couple Venus Fly Traps, just the typical variety. I have one, but it is really small, and looks a little "pathetic" next to my larger sarracenias. I would like to get 2 or 3 of the typical venus fly traps, with traps preferably about 1/2" or larger. I will pay shipping, thanks!

I would prefer to just pay shipping, if anyone would be willing to give one up, and send it bare-root, but I also might be able to work out a trade, but I really don't have much to offer at the moment. Thank you!

Hey,

I have a typical VFT that needs to be divided and I kept postponing it cuz I'm lazy :) I'll send you few divisions. PM me your address.
I'll pay shipping, shouldn't be much anyway.

Good day!

gill za could I maybe get one of those?

Sure I'll divide the plant and if there are extra divisions remain Ill let you know. I plan on doing it in the middle of this week. Ill send you a pm for address ones i know how many plants Ill have.

By the way from what i understand the best times to divide VFT is in late winter right before they emerge from hibernation. So it might be a little rough on them.

Great
You're awesome, thanks

Plants are divided. I left two divisions for myself (one small one big) the rest are yours :) I will send it out tomorrow.

cpsammich please pm me your address.

Packages are shipped. Check your PM's for delivery conf#

Enjoy :)

Just got my plants
7 divisions!? you are way too awesome
Thank you soooo much

Just got my plants
7 divisions!? you are way too awesome
Thank you soooo much

Well since I promised atleast three larger plants to Anne, I think there were only two large ones in yours, the rest were medium to smaller. So I decided to make up in numbers. Pot them in taller pots, I noticed that even though mine grew in 4.5 inch pots the roots were coiling on the bottom :0o:

I also got mine today. They're awesome! I wasn't expecting as many, or as large, a I got. I got 5 main divisions, but I found two more smaller divisions to make, they were a bit smaller, but with roots, so I divided those off, and now I also have 7 divisions! All potted up in a nice big 8" pot...I'd hate to be a fly round that pot ;). Anyways, thank you sooooooo much!!! Very generous of you!

Thank you! :-D

Mine are in a five inch pot but I'll repot into something larger in early spring

Back