What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. adelae for beginners

Foxoftherose

Thread Reaper
Since this forum has helped me so much as I've learned to grow CPs, I thought that I'd give back what I could. I understand that Drosera adelae is not a species that is exactly in demand, but it's a great first sundew to grow, and I've got quite a bit extra.
To clarify, I want these to go to people new to the hobby who haven't grown a sundew yet. I can't be sure that everyone who asks for one meets these qualifications, so we'll be doing this on the honor system.
These are the sizes I have available:
Four plants at roughly 1 1/2 inches
and
Five plants at under 1 inch
These will be shipped in the small, drained plastic pots that they have been grown from root cuttings in. If for any reason your plant doesn't survive the shipping and first two weeks at it's new home, please contact me, and I'll see what I can do about sending you a new one. They will be shipped out by, if not earlier than, next Wednesday, September 14th.
Please add your name to this list and send me a PM with your shipping info. You will be allowed one plant per size. Shipping will be around $5.00 and can only be shipped in the US. If you for some reason can't pay shipping, please contact me, and I'll work something out.

Small plants 1 1/2"

Smaller plants <1"

Last edited:
What if you've only killed all your sundews?

@WaterKirby
I find that these are very forgiving plants, and of course you can try one. I have a tank full of ever multiplying root cuttings, so there will be plenty more where these came from in a few months.

I would really want some but how would i pay for shipping? Also I dont have any CPs but i do have some seeds that im waiting to germinate

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Small plants 1 1/2"
1. Zacham3
Smaller plants <1"

What if you've only killed all your sundews?

I was about to ask the same thing..well I've got a tiny D. Binata seedling right now, but that's all that has survived, and it's only been in my possession a couple weeks.

@WaterKirby
I find that these are very forgiving plants, and of course you can try one. I have a tank full of ever multiplying root cuttings, so there will be plenty more where these came from in a few months.
Thank you! :-D

Small plants 1 1/2"
1. Zacham3
2. Ann_A
Smaller plants <1"

Last edited:
Not sure if I count? I've been keeping CPs for about a year now, and somehow have managed to make my Darlingtonia and Drosophyllum thrive while at the same time struggle to keep my Dionaea alive. :\ I've never bought a Drosera... I just have a D. binata and a D. capensis that came as hitchhikers with my other plants, and while I'm interested in sundews, I just worry about how they'd handle the humidity (or, rather, the lack of it).

Since I'm probably more of an "intermediate" CP grower rather than a complete n00b, I'll put my name down for a small plant, but if others come along that have less experience than me you can bump me off the list.

Small plants 1 1/2"
1. Zacham3
2. Ann_A

Smaller plants <1"
1. Natalie

Thanks!

D. adelae

I just acquired 1 dew recently, not sure if it will make it or that it's just growing too slowly. I'll put my name for a small one too and let you decide. Thanks for the opportunity.

Small plants 1 1/2"
1. Zacham3
2. Ann_A

Smaller plants <1"
1. Natalie
2.riceman

Thanks!

I just acquired 1 dew recently, not sure if it will make it or that it's just growing too slowly. I'll put my name for a small one too and let you decide. Thanks for the opportunity.

Small plants 1 1/2"
1. Zacham3

Smaller plants <1"
1. Natalie
2.riceman

Thanks!

Gonna have to pull out :( I've got a few things I need to worry about with my reef tank, and am doing some reorganizing of my plants and terrariums...thanks anyways!

Alright guys, these plants will be shipped out by this Wednesday, but I need the addresses to send them to. It doesn't look like all of the slots will be filled, and if nobody else adds themselves to the list, I'll just try to divide the sundews equally among the people that are on the list.

Gonna have to pull out :( I've got a few things I need to worry about with my reef tank, and am doing some reorganizing of my plants and terrariums...thanks anyways!

Haha. nevermind...I'm still in, tank decided just to give me a scare...no problems anymore :-D

This giveaway will close tomorrow afternoon. Kirby, if you still plan to participate, I need your address. To the rest of you, it turns out that I had a few more plants than I thought, so you will have three or four smallish plants shipped to you. They will be wrapped in LFS, and shipped inside a small plastic pot ready to be filled with growing medium. If you have any questions about your plants when they arrive, please contact me.

I want in too! I'm looking to replace my cp's that were cooked in a summer power failure.

Small plants 1 1/2"
1. Zacham3
2. Ann_A
3. Eciton

Smaller plants <1"
1. Natalie
2.riceman

eciton and riceman, your plants will be shipped out Monday. The rest of you guys' plants were shipped this Tuesday and should be there either today or Monday.

I received the plants today and they look great :D thank you so much!

I got mine today as well - thanks Foxoftherose! They were expertly packed and looked great - I'll post a picture once I get all my photo-editing programs reinstalled (hard drive commit suicide a few days ago).

Here are my plants right after I potted them up:

I hope they don't mind the California sun beating down on them too much! Right now I have them a bit hidden behind some of my larger plants while they adjust to the new humidity and whatnot, so they don't completely fry in the sunlight.

Thanks again, Foxoftherose, they are really cool little plants.

2 days since I've gotten them and they already are covered in dew and turning a little red... SWEET!

Back