What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug Infested Utric Mess

This tank got infested with some little white bugs a long time ago, there was nothing I really cared about in there so I left it alone. They don't seem to be hurting the plants but they are everywhere. Well I want the tank back and don't want to mess with de-bugging the Utric's.

Anyway free to a good or bad home for shipping as they will go in the trash by the end of the weekend if no one wants them.

I know there is Utric longifolia and the bulk is likely livida. Please be able to paypal $6 on the day you say you want them as I'm wanting to get this out soon.

Some photo's

DSC_0449 by Simprs, on Flickr

DSC_0448 by Simprs, on Flickr

DSC_0447 by Simprs, on Flickr

Eek! Those look like aphids to me! :spider:

I'll take them and give it a try. Keep it separate and smother those buggers.

Eek! Those look like aphids to me! :spider:

From the few photo's I took they look more like a Bourletiellidae species of springtails to me, but I can't get a sharp enough photo to really tell without spending more than 5m on it. And I just don't care enough too:-D.

I'll take them and give it a try. Keep it separate and smother those buggers.

All yours just need the postage.

Looks like a tiny type of aphid

I go out of my way to culture springtails for my frogs. That doesn't make me an expert but every species of springtail that folks culture for frogs, both tropical and temperate, all remain primarily in the substrate.

I too think they look like aphids but you said they don't seem to be having an effect on the plants...hmm???

Look a bit like thrips.

Back