What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a little giveaway...

Heli

villosaholic
I just divided my large Heliamphora "tequila" and thought someone in Terraforums might want a division. The division has a very small root system. To participate you must send me a pm with several things on it, you must tell me why you think you deserve the division, and you must tell me where you will be growing and what conditions it will be in. The division will be sent bare-root. Shipping will be $10.

So here's how this is going to work:
1. Everyone who wants in send me a pm and post on thread telling me that you did.
2. This contest ends on Friday at 8:00pm,
3. One name will be selected at random from a hat.
4. I will notify the winner, and get shipping information and to give payment information.
5. Plants will be shipped once payment is received, and at a time that is convenient to the person receiving the plant.

Rules:
3. Please try to be fair to people who do not have much of a collection (this does not exclude anyone, but it is always nice for those in "need" to have a fair chance)
4. Enjoy!

Sorta went with HeliGoddess's guidline. :D

P1140579.jpg

P1140577.jpg

P1140576.jpg

Last edited:
PM sent. Can't wait for the results!

PM'ed

mato77429, you have to follow guidlines, you didnt tell me your growing conditions.

PM sent, but my mistake, please remove my name from the hat.

PM sent

pm sent thanks for being so generous

pm-d

didnt get your pm riceman...

Heli lover this looks different than the one I have. So please keep my name in the hat. I will verify when I'm home. But pretty sure it is a different clone.

Just talked to Butch and he said that mine is either clone B or C. Can I see pictures of yours?

Mine are cuttings fresh from Butch. I can take a pic of the best looking one. But they don't look the best right now. The whole fresh cutting thing. I will ask Butch for a pic of the one he sent me.

Ok, pm me the pictures. I think it could be a clone C from the link you gave me. They look very similar except that mine is a lot more red.

:banana2: 200 POSTS :banana2:

pm'ed

very cool oportunity, thank you!

Heli Lover I want to say butch told me the one I have is greener than the other. and you knwo how Butch cooks his LMAO.

Josh, Heli

As far as I know there are two tequila clones in circulation on this side of the pond (I have both). One is very elegant and can get the most beautiful red with proper lighting. The other looks considerably different and IMHO while a nice plant, does not compare to her more elegant sister.

Tequila "type 1", is by far the most common now... It is the one on ebay, it is the one in the majority of my pics, it is the one in this giveaway.

Tequila is more of a grex it would seem, when first announced there were 5 different clone lines pictured. All different in appearance, all coming from seed grown plants. One can only assume there was other variants since this is not a cultivar as I understand the definition.

To be honest, Im not sure what Tequila really is...

Tequila "type 1" (for lack of a better term)
misc_flowers.jpg

Tequila "type 2" (again for lack of a better term)
new_tequila2_1week.jpg

The originals were designated as Clones A, B, C, D, and E..... but what was imported seems hard to put into any of the five designations. Most seem to think both fit either B or C.

Most would consdier these two plants totally different in size, form, nectar spoon, color etc.

See this thread for the original announcement by EP

HTH's and yes.... everyone tried to figure it all out years ago, but to no avail.
Many rumors, Many guesses, but very few facts and no confirmations.

Both are awesome helis and very robust growers.

Now you know... the rest of the story,

good day :)

Av

Last edited:
Thank you so much Butch! That really clears alot up. I personally think mine is clone C but then again its so hard to tell. :lol:

ahhh my young apprentice.... enviroment can play such a major role.

Here is my Tequila (Type 1) when she first arrived into my care.
heliamphora.jpg

Back