What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clue's Gone Overboard!

Clue

clippity-clip-clip
On Saturday, I attended the yearly "Halloween" BACPS meet, which was tons of fun. Then, out of the blue, Doris pointed to the raffle table and said "They're giving away some Drosophyllum seeds over there!". I picked up a pack, and it had at least fifteen seeds, which is more than I really need. So, in addition to my big, out-of-the-blue giveaway over the summer, I am offering a SASE of five Drosophyllum seeds to the first person who can guess what my favorite houseplant is.

How To Germinate and Grow Drosophyllum (ICPS)

Good luck. The winner must PM me after being confirmed so they can get my address. If no PM is received after two days, then we start all over again. :-D

OTHER RULES AND RESTRICTIONS:
  • Read this list
  • US only, please
  • You may guess a maximum number of 2 times
  • Seriously, make sure you know what a SASE is before signing up
  • Have fun and good luck with your new seeds!

EDIT: Oh, and post the name using binomial nomenclatural format; too many indoor plants have the same English names.

Mismosa pudi...the touch-sensitive plant

Hmm. is it an African Violet? (Saintpaulia sp.)

Nope, although I do like a good variegated Saintpaulia.

Bamboo?

Dieffenbachia sp....

Last edited:
Lance: I have no idea whether that means Dracaena sanderiana or an actual bamboo. Specify?

The Griffin: I've never found Hoyas very attractive. I couldn't get over the fact that some of them would send out leafless vines.

Eric_N: Dieffenbachia are very nice plants, but not my absolute favorite.

afrodisa: While Chlorophytum comosum is fairly attractive and easy to grow, it also isn't my favorite indoor plant. It is a spider mite magnet in my conditions.

Aloe Vera? A shot in the dark lol

Saxifraga stolonifera - Strawberry begonia or Strawberry germanium

Schefflera arboricola, variagated as bonsai plant

Tradescantia zebrina or Nephrolepis exaltata?

Zz plant Zamioculcas zamiifolia
(mah fave)

My guess is Paphiopedillum (Slipper orchid).

Amorphophalus?

So far, no one's got it yet!

The plant is native to Australia.

Back