What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT (typical) seed giveaway (OH BOY!!! :D )

jonnyq

Supporter
So, I feel a little sheepish declaring a VFT seed giveaway of only 3 packets, when there are more veteran growers here giving away rare Nep hybrids, royal truncatas and Drosophyllum seeds... but in the meantime, I've got three packets of ~20-30 seeds each of good ol' D. muscipula seeds to give away (HOORAY!) :banana2:

(Sorry it's all I've got right now, but hopefully someday I'll have something more substantive to offer...) *JonnyQ looks embarrassed*

Anyhow, these were harvested from some of outdoor plants earlier in the summer, and then stored at 4degC...

Since this is my first giveaway, I'm a little unsure of what terms to set... So in the meantime, I'm going to try first come first serve?

1)

2)

3)

Takers will be PMd with my address... Please send SASE at your convenience...

Thanks, all!

1) Lil Stinkpot

I will admit, I"ve never tried VFT from seed before.

Hey, don't be embarrassed, or shy! We all started out with the one Lowe's death cube, or similar. I won't say how many death cube plants I killed before I got it right. You're doin' it right. Just keep growing, and keep doing stuff like this-- sharing the joy! Sooner or later, you'll come up with a quantity that you'd want to trade, instead. Then the magic begins (if it hasn't already!). There are lots of gernerous folks here, and they, like me, love to share.

Did you know that, when it was fist discovered, Drosera capensis was VERY rare? It was up there with Nepenthes hamata, and edwardsiana. :lol: Joke's on us!

So, I feel a little sheepish declaring a VFT seed giveaway of only 3 packets, when there are more veteran growers here giving away rare Nep hybrids, royal truncatas and Drosophyllum seeds... but in the meantime, I've got three packets of ~20-30 seeds each of good ol' D. muscipula seeds to give away (HOORAY!)

(Sorry it's all I've got right now, but hopefully someday I'll have something more substantive to offer...) *JonnyQ looks embarrassed*

Anyhow, these were harvested from some of outdoor plants earlier in the summer, and then stored at 4degC...

Since this is my first giveaway, I'm a little unsure of what terms to set... So in the meantime, I'm going to try first come first serve?

1)

2) Joel143

3)

Thanks, all!

So, I feel a little sheepish declaring a VFT seed giveaway of only 3 packets, when there are more veteran growers here giving away rare Nep hybrids, royal truncatas and Drosophyllum seeds... but in the meantime, I've got three packets of ~20-30 seeds each of good ol' D. muscipula seeds to give away (HOORAY!)

1)Lil Stinkpot

2) Joel143

3)jbradt

Thanks, all!

Thanks! Very cool offer!

Thanks for the support; I'll try not to mess this up... :D PMing each of you now... :)

Just an update: Jbradt, I've received your SASE (a few days ago, in fact. Sorry for the delay!) and your seeds are packed and heading out tomorrow... Cheers!

Hey ,if you would be willing to give me a
packet of seeds that would be really great
Don't feel embarrassed abot just having vft s I was looking for
some seeds for like a month already. If
you would be willing to give my a packet that would be great,just send me an email at John.chenil@hotmail.com thanks

@Johnchen - I'll see what I've got left... Will keep you posted...

@Joel143, Happy black friday, your seeds went out in today's mail... Cheers!

Back