What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, i happen to have several hundred hartemerorum seeds to trade out. I should have enough seeds for at least 4 packets of 50 seeds and probably more. I have a dozen or so plants and they are constantly flowering. I had no idea they were somewhat rare : ) I'm interested mainly in rarer drosera ( i may be dreaming but graomogolensis, camporuptestris, and petiolaris complex plants ext), cephalotus (seeds or plantlets), maybe even other things so don't be afraid to ask! I'm only interested in CPs at this time. Additionally, i'm willing to scale up the amount of seeds to trade to make things fair.

I'm looking to establish some trading credibility so thanks for giving me a try!

Here are a picture of some of the mother plants and the seeds:

drosera_hartmeyerorum_by_gemstatecarnivore-d4f66an.jpg

hartmeyerorum_seeds_by_gemstatecarnivore-d4f87dx.jpg

I don't suppose a pod or two of D. intermedia would interest you?I was going to put them in a giveaway, but..... :D

These show up in seed banks often enough that I wouldn't consider them rare. Drosera supply and demand often follows "fads" more than anything else.

I want to see photos of the unusual organ structures.

@ Lil Stinkpot: Unfortunately i already have temperate and tropical forms of intermedia but i'm sure it would make someone happy to give them away.

A photo of the trichomes
hartmeyerorum_mystery_trichomes_by_gemstatecarnivore-d4f8g8l.jpg

They look nice! I'll see what I can scrounge up. My drosera offerings are limited to temperates and adelae at the moment.

I've got nothing to trade per say.

Interesting seeds though! I'd love to give it a shot. I'll see if I can't think of something work trading.

PM'ed

I probably wouldn't mind some nepenthes or a B52 flytrap or large form.

Here is an extra picture showing the color under bright light and the yellow trichomes are very visible:
hartmeyerorum_mature_plant_by_gemstatecarnivore-d4fam36.jpg

And for a few tips, it really likes being fed at least once every 2 weeks if not every week for fastest growth. It's really just like a diminutive Indica that grows a bit slower but the color is fantastic.

Wouldja be interested in some D. anglica seeds?

What kind of anglica? I have a temperate form but not tropical.

I have 13 cephalotus seeds if you are interested....also willing to throw in a seedgrown N.viking x truncata seedling (2.5in leafspan)

Let me know if this interests you and how many seeds you'd be willing to send.

I've got a somewhat rare N. X aeneas (male) 5 in. basal that I could send ya. I had been looking for the plant for a while and had found one at a nursery. The pitchers are quite dazzling. Interested?

Hmm, i'm going to consider if i have enough grow room for another Nepenthes, Lance. On a side note, i like growing things from seed and would like to try Drosophyllum eventually.

Wouldja be interested in some D. anglica seeds?

I think it's called 'Alukaui Swamp'. The plant came from Mach Fukada. It appears to be from Hawaii.

Alakai Swamp, Kauai Hawaii. (Semi)tropical Drosera anglica does not require dormancy. Grows year round under lights or outdoors in a suitable climate. Makes a good terrarium plant.

Alakai Swamp, Kauai Hawaii. (Semi)tropical Drosera anglica does not require dormancy. Grows year round under lights or outdoors in a suitable climate. Makes a good terrarium plant.

LOL! Yeah, that's the ticket!

I look forward to growing the D. anglica. The first time i tried them my seeds turned out to be D. admirabilis. I still have plenty of Hartmeyerorum seeds left and i'm starting to like spathulata 'ruby slippers' if anyone has one, also looking for D. slackii seeds/plants, D. hamiltonii seeds/plants, pings are an option (except laueana, aphrodite, moctezumea, and gigantea x moctezumea).

I'm wanting to get rid of my pings. Also have a hamiltonii and slackii I can part with.

Here's the plant from which it comes:

003-5.jpg

This is D. anglica 'CA x HI':

004-6.jpg

They've done well outside and on the grow rack.

Back