What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LF: Unwanted, Weedy Utrics

lizasaur

Charlatan
I'm going through lots of changes- surrendering my outside plants, setting up a beginner's kit for my friend, preparing for giveaways here....and I'm just stuck, and need to ask one last thing from the forum...

I never grew utrics.
They didn't appeal to me, and when I tried, I killed them.

And I don't have money, and I'm hoping not to hack up most of my minimal reserves to accomplish this since I'd like to do giveaways....but I will if I have to.
This girl has been so generous to me, and I'm damned enough that the collection she's getting consists of mostly sub-par plants (because all of my outside plants are >_>)... I atleast want it to be bountiful and complete.

So I guess I'm looking for just small portions of easy, fool-proof utrics from collections that require thinning out. Just one terrestrial and one aquatic, they'll be grown outside in Orange, CA.

I'll cover shipping for a small flat-rate box.

Thank you :blush:

I have some U bisquamata. Pay for shipping i'll send it to you;). Need pics just ask.

I have some U. Vulgaris (aquatic).
Will send for shipping as well.

I have some U. longifolia! Would you like some?

:blush: Oh man, such offers so quickly!
Thank you all!

Would you like plugs of U. dichotoma, U. graminifolia, U. tricolor and U. praelonga? And I can divide U. gibba that is floating around in the utrics tray :) ?

I'll pay for shipping, its only 5 bucks.

Please PM your address.

P.S. They are wanted but I'd love to share with you :)

Last edited:
I would love some U. dichotoma!!! However, this isn't my thread, so I will forbear...gill_za, I might be in contact with you at some point in the future :) i<3carnivores, good luck with the Utrics you choose!! Anyway, carry on ...

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

I keep confusing U. dichotoma and U. humboldtii. They both have somewhat similar looking large pink/ purple flowers. Of all The Utrics, I think I would love to have U.humboldtii the most, but I haven't seen the species sold for a very long time. U. dichotoma is still near the top of the list though, very beautiful. Is U. dichotoma an easy grower (as compared to U. livida or similarly easy species)? I'm sure i<3 carnivores would like to know too :)
Cheers

Oh wow, gill_za... :blush:
That is amazing.
:hail:

wow, this is such an awesome website, very cool

nice to see people showing love to the most lovely utricularia :]

Shipped, enjoy ;)

Oh yes.
The generosity of this community never ceases to amaze me, and I'm really happy that I'm able to get my friend started, and quite adequately, with one of the first CPs she was truly smitten by as soon as she started flipping through The Savage Garden. <3

Luca, thank you so much! :-D

I have TONS of U. livida which grows outdoors, indoors & pretty much anywhere here in SF. and has great flowers all the time. let me know if you're interested.
cheers--mark

Back